Crazy GPU crash on absolutely anything.

zaakery

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
Hey guys this forum is the best when it comes to asking for help, so I'm back here again.

I made a thread months ago, about my horrible decision to get a gaming computer from HP.
I can't help that my family is brand loyal, but that is not the point here.

That old thread, consisted the errors I was having with my new GPU being in the computer.
Well, eventually, I just sent in the whole build to HP, they put a band-aid on it, and now months later, I am having the same exact issues. I want to know what I can do to fix these problems with the tighest budget I can, without sending it back to HP, even though I have a warranty with them, because I am positive, it will just go back to screwing up again, and I don't want to have to go through another 3 hard drive restores from them thinking that will fix it as I can't simply back up 2 TB of data.

My GPU is a EVGA Nvidia GTX 670 Superclocked 2 GB. This is the only part in my computer that did not originally come with my computer from HP.

My power supply is 650W, which from what I know is plenty to power my GPU.

If I do anything browsing the web, using skype, or just sitting there doing absolutely nothing, my GPU will pick a time to just crash consecutively 10-15 times in a row, I get BSODs, I get crazy pixels on my screen, and more, ESPECIALLY if I run a game. The BSOD errors I get have all only just given the solution to "Update my drivers", or that "It's maximizing my gpu's resources"
Funny thing about that is, I thought a $400 GPU could play a youtube video, or could sit there on the desktop screen properly.

It's not a virus either, from what I know anyways, I've done 3 full hard drive scans, and the only thing I have found is a couple of bad cookies, so if it is, it must be hiding extremely well.

What I am thinking is, is that it is a hardware issue. Not my GPU though, I feel like something else may be causing it to act up like that, such as the HP china made motherboard, or maybe even the HP version of windows, which I know is not hardware.

My GPU is brand new, as I assumed it "faulty" in the past, and EVGA sent me a brand new one free of charge, and it's not even half a year old.

What do you guys think I should do to fix these issues, because honestly, I can't stand it anymore, and I do not know what else to do.

I have one example of the "bad pixels" That occurs on my screen.

4CzMbT2.png

The rest of the crashes I occur you guys would know exactly what they are, as it's just a million times of me losing input for a second, typically 2-10 times in a row, with a million boxes popping up saying my nvidia drivers have crashed, and the other one is just BSODs with video related errors, such as video_scheduler or video_tdr.

Thanks for any replies!

AznCracker

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
You paid $400 for that? you got ripped off.

Anyways. I would try pulling out the card and using your integrated graphics to make sure that its the card. If it is then send it back for warranty. Obviously a defect.

Try this: remove the GPU from the computer and use the onboard graphics and see if this issue persists. If so, then it must be something else. If the issue is gone, it is probably the GPU.

zaakery

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

Nope, it's the retail price. I only paid $200.

I'll try that though.

zaakery

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

I actually remember, When I use the GPU that this computer originally came with, it works perfectly, it's only with this GPU, but why when it was working perfectly for months? I know GPUs can be faulty but not after working perfectly for months, the problems came, I left my computer off for a week, then when I cut it back on, it worked for 3 days perfectly, then came back again, and now crashes frequently, I don't really think the GPU is at fault here, but I'll see what you think after this reply

Just had a crazy freakout crash again, all numbers on MSI afterburner spiked literally to a number that looks like "4358576943673459" either my computer fell miles down into hell or there's some serious shit that needs to be fixed because surprisingly after that my computer isn't engulfed in flames.

Au1e7xo.png