[SOLVED] Crazy gpu temperature and fan values

Jan 3, 2020
So i have changed the fans and thermal paste on my zotac gtx 1070 amp!, then booted the computer and msi afterburner said that idle temperature is somewhere around 45 degrees Celsius. Happily i went grocery shopping afterwards, and now i came back to some crazy numbers shown to me by afterburner which says that my temperature is around 90 degrees idle and the fan is at around 90% while having 0 mV voltage. I am sure that these values are all wrong but why on earth do i get them (even after multiple restarts) and how do i fix it?

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/sJMs9hP

Solution
I mean you shouldn't keep using it like this. Turn off your PC and reapply the paste. Also check to see if the fans are spinning, you may have no plugged in the fan cable all the way.

Another thing is you may have not tightened the mounting screws enough, you should tighten them until they stop then no more as its easy to damage the card with over tightening. I remember somewhere the official number is like 2.5 inch lbs of torque, again I'm going off memory so I could be wrong.
It's very possible that you didn't get proper thermal paste coverage. The entire chip needs to be covered with paste on GPUs otherwise thermals can be nuts. I'd suggest taking it apart, pulling off the cooler and seeing what the coverage is like. I would suggest one of those little plastic spatula to spread it out evening

Jan 3, 2020
Thank you very much, I think the problem really is a thermal paste and the temperature is real. It means that my gpu was under this temperature for like an hour, do you think it will have consequences?

Jan 3, 2020
It's very possible that you didn't get proper thermal paste coverage. The entire chip needs to be covered with paste on GPUs otherwise thermals can be nuts. I'd suggest taking it apart, pulling off the cooler and seeing what the coverage is like. I would suggest one of those little plastic spatula to spread it out evening
Thank you very much, I think the problem really is a thermal paste and the temperature is real. It means that my gpu was under this temperature for like an hour, do you think it will have consequences?

I mean you shouldn't keep using it like this. Turn off your PC and reapply the paste. Also check to see if the fans are spinning, you may have no plugged in the fan cable all the way.

Another thing is you may have not tightened the mounting screws enough, you should tighten them until they stop then no more as its easy to damage the card with over tightening. I remember somewhere the official number is like 2.5 inch lbs of torque, again I'm going off memory so I could be wrong.

Solution
Jan 3, 2020

Thank you so much!

Jan 3, 2020

Just if you are interested it turned out that the fans were not spinning. Everything is plugged in so I assume that I got faulty fans, and I'm going to check it by replacing them with the old ones I had before. The fact that there was no voltage should have shown me that fans are not working but oh well