[SOLVED] Crazy GTX 1060

Jan 27, 2021
Hi guys
I have a crazy aorus gtx 1060 6gb and i need help

The card do whatever she wants
Sometimes it does work for 2 days running GTA online without a problem and suddenly it goes white screen
On boot i get black screen and sometimes it does work for 10 sec then i get white screen

The card rgb and fans goes crazy on boot ( watch video please )
View: https://youtu.be/LvK6eyUne7Y

I did try it in my friend system so the problem is guaranteed from the gpu
Please i need help

Solution
I don't
If i had warranty then why am i here then !

Is the botched output equally botched on all the GPUs outputs, such as Display Port and HDMI, for example?

YOu can try underclocking it....

Are temps ok? check both via GPU-Z

There will likely be no quick fix here if a bad GPU's symptoms follow to another rig with a different PSU. If the card is essentially useless as is, you have little to lose by a BIOS flash attempt, IMO...as it is just short of being a brick already
I don't
If i had warranty then why am i here then !

Is the botched output equally botched on all the GPUs outputs, such as Display Port and HDMI, for example?

There will likely be no quick fix here if a bad GPU's symptoms follow to another rig with a different PSU. If the card is essentially useless as is, you have little to lose by a BIOS flash attempt, IMO...as it is just short of being a brick already

Solution
Jan 27, 2021
check different cables dvi or hdmi.
did you tried overclock your gpu in past.
try removing rgb wire and fan wire in gpu then start again.
I did try hdmi and display ports same
I did use gigabyte engine to put it in gaming mode once
I did try removing wires but same

Jan 27, 2021

Yeah it's connected property
I did put it on normal mode using gigabyte engine ( lowest settings ) but same
Temps are good
I did try it on my friend's pc the problem is from the gpu
Maybe a short or the card is dying .... but why there are too many very old cards out there still running until today

Yeah it's connected property
I did put it on normal mode using gigabyte engine ( lowest settings ) but same
Temps are good
I did try it on my friend's pc the problem is from the gpu
Maybe a short or the card is dying .... but why there are too many very old cards out there still running until today

Because the cards running don't have issues yours does, it's not a set science as to the age of electronics that fail, many very small and seemingly random things causes hardware to fail.

Try underclocking the speeds a bit and see if that helps things if it's out of warranty.

Jan 27, 2021
Because the cards running don't have issues yours does, it's not a set science as to the age of electronics that fail, many very small and seemingly random things causes hardware to fail.

Try underclocking the speeds a bit and see if that helps things if it's out of warranty.
Just did that but nothing :(

Ash95

Great
Dec 25, 2020
I had this issue with a 1060 before and i had it repaired by a tech shop (was a few years back), i’m pretty sure it was something to do with a build up, leading to what i assume was causing overheating.

Jan 27, 2021
Well I had to ask. A lot of people on this forum will ask for help and days after will just say "I will RMA it" and the 1660 Super was released in October 2019. Could easily have been under warranty still.
Did you read !!! It's a gtx 1060 released on 2016
Why are you even here !!