ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

My mouse problem began with erratic movement and occasionally it would freeze
resulting in having to reboot. The freeze began occurring at shorter times
after booting up until it finally froze as soon as the desktop opened.
After several appeals to this and other newsgroups I followed all the
suggestions with no help.
Searched for new drivers and found out that I had the latest.
I went to MS Knowledge Base, saw my problem described exactly. Printed off 3
pages of items to delete from the registry, none of which were included in my
registry.

I told a nerd friend my problem and his immediate response was, "Are you using
a Microsoft PS/2?"
I said I was. His immediate response was, "Get a new mouse." That was the
best advice I had from anyone. Got an optical mouse for under $20, installed
it and all my problems are over. This was after a week of fooling around with
searches for answers and useless advice.

Get a new mouse. A real cheap fix.

--
To view some of my art work
http://community.webshots.com/user/rbarone1997

Ray
While she is out, a real man will kick his wife's cat.

Microsoft PS/2 mice work perfectly well.

Your old mouse was probably dirty or worn.
--
Ted Zieglar