Crazy temps on phenom 955 running prime 95

G

just ran prime 95 for 50 minutes on my phenom 955 with a stock cooler, are my temps normal?

apparently max temp for the 955 is 62 degrees Celsius =/

2mmvfx4.jpg

Solution
@Ascend, undo the screws on the H/s and gently rotate it to break the seal, it should come off easily as thermal paste isn't normally adhesive.
google 'cleaning thermal paste' and gluetube should have a billion videos on it for you,
@Pinhead, I use 70'c as my ceiling as mentioned but I would still want as low as possible temps, I get maybe 50/52'c playing Me2 for about six hours and I rate that as hot hehe
Moto
Pics not working man, prime will push your chip so what temps were you getting?
I shut down if it hits 70'c but as you saw, 62'c is the 'limit'
I also assume your not overclocking at all and are on stock voltage?
**Edit, pic worked upon refresh as I posted.
40'c is a high idle temp, whats your room temps there? I'd definitely look to improving your case airflow anyway
Moto

G

yeah i should probably get an after market cooler. i was only wondering because when playing games i stutter sometimes. could high temps cause that?

i remember when the guy that installed the cpu he used a crap load of thermal paste, some diamond company brand.

do you guys think if i repaste thermal paste my temps will go down?

my graphics card is fine by the way i tested it for artifating and got nothing.

and iv got a gtx 560 ti

G

yeah i think im just gonna buy some artic silver and just repaste it. i hope i dont bend any cpu's. how the hell am i supposed to get the heatsink off the cpu the guy put like a crap load onto the cpu

@Ascend, undo the screws on the H/s and gently rotate it to break the seal, it should come off easily as thermal paste isn't normally adhesive.
google 'cleaning thermal paste' and gluetube should have a billion videos on it for you,
@Pinhead, I use 70'c as my ceiling as mentioned but I would still want as low as possible temps, I get maybe 50/52'c playing Me2 for about six hours and I rate that as hot hehe
Moto

Solution