CRC Errors with downloaded files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ady0904

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Hello,i have this crc error problem for like 1 month now. When i download archive type files with utorrent (or other clients) i get crc errors while downloading or after downloading when i try to extract the archives. This happens only to large files (3gb+). I used Memtest86 and got no errors,also used windows 7's test for memory errors and got no errors. When i checked my HDD for bad sectors i got 7 bad sectors (HD Tune).I changed my network cable,HDD cable...still the same problem. What can i do?Is it the HDD? Can i still use it?

ady0904

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

I use winrar and 7zip...both give me the same errors on downloaded files. Many files don't even get there because i get crc errors while downloading(with utorrent or bittorrent).

ady0904

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

i dont understand the question. i download stuff from torrent trackers that i cant download from somewhere else.

it could be your network card is going and is losing packets. or your memory or cpu cache has an issue and it damaging the files. if you have more then one dimm try and remove one dimm and see if the same files goes bad. if someone has another nic card or wifi card or usb stick try it and see if it your nic card causing the issue.

namdlo

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Translation - I'm downloading illegal software that I'm not willing to buy.

Were you ever able to download large files previously?

Are you downloading it to the same drive that you were originally (filesystem type/OS?). Do you have enough space on the drive your archive software uses for a temp directory?

ady0904

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

Yes,i was able to download large files previously with no problems on the same drive with this OS and filesystem. Yes,i have enough space.

Should i try to change the router?i have a spare one.

ady0904

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

I dont know but i have neighbours who use torrents and they do fine.

I want to say that when i download large image files they download with no problem.

ipvr

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
Maybe you changed from IDE to AHCI or vice versa? Happened to me once, had to reinstall Windows.

go into utorrent, click on name of download, hit force recheck. if that fails it was most likely a bad torrent to begin with. if you have another drive you could try downloading the files and extracting them to that drive (redownload them and extract onto the same fresh drive)

Edit: you mentioned you get CRC errors when you try and extract it while its downloading... why in hell would you do that? make sure the files are all completely downloaded before doing anything.

namdlo

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

:eek: Sounds to me like you're being watched by the government. I'd expect your front door to be broken down in the next few days. Your computer's going to be confiscated and you'll end up in a small jail cell with a guy named Bubba. Don't worry Bubba will probably "protect" you :ouch:.

ady0904

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

I dont extract while it's downloading. The error comes in utorrent while it's downloading or if not i get the error when i extract the files after they download.

ady0904

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

you're not funny.

ady0904

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

I will do that eventually...but you dont have any sugestions to try before that?

Status
Not open for further replies.