Create recorvery disk?

artiny

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Hy,
I have Lenovo Miix 3 tablet, and I want to backup my recorvery patrition of windows 8.1

I created with "Create a recorvery drive " with windows.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive
After finished the copy of files, I opened the usb and there was files/folders same like when somebody open the windows instalation ISO file....so now there are extracted files.

When accidently I delete the patrition of the recorvery these files I able to reinstall the windows? or need other method to backup the recorvery patrtion?

artiny

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Your answer mean:
1. When the recovery partition is deleted - then I cant reinstall the windows with now created backup USB stick,because is not bootable?
or because during installation is not working the touchscreen to configure the installation?
or something with windows licensing?
2. or now created USB stick - backup partition have 5,50GB on my usb stick - is unusable?

USAFRet

Titan

Well, I'm not entirely sure of your original question:
When accidently I delete the patrition of the recorvery these files I able to reinstall the windows? or need other method to backup the recorvery patrtion?

If you delete some files from your OS, you can use that Recovery Drive to recover/reinstall your OS
If you delete some files from that recovery drive...it is toast. It will not work anymore.