Create screen shots with Win7 and Gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Hi, I'm fairly new to Win7 Home Premium64.
When I try to create a screen shot, I use "print screen" , then open "Paint" and select "paste". The desired image appears but from that point on I can't copy and paste into gmail.
I would like to send the screen shot via email using my Gmail Application. The message I'm getting is:
" There is no email program associated to perform the requested action and that I need to "create an association in the default program control panel".
I have no idea about how to create that association in the default control panel. As far as I can see, the image that has been pasted in "Paint" is a PNG file.
I have looked through all of the settings in gmail but can't find any place to "create that association"
Can anybody give me any suggestions?? Thanks in advance, Ann

Hi Ann and welcome to welcome to Tom's Hardware forum

1.U need to save the image to lets say desktop.

2.Follow the pic... Click Attach a file
20111002001240mail.gif

3.Than select that saved file on desktop and upload it and send it when its done.

Was that what u wanted?

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Thank you for taking the time to write, Nikorr.
Yes, it works well this way!!
I have used Outlook in the past and with it I used to right click the image and select "send to email...." When I do it this way, I'm still getting this "create association..." message.
Attaching the file after the compose message is already opened works just as well.
The image is inline with the text though... I guess this is the way Gmail works....I'm new to Gmail and I like the program. Again, thank you for your help!! Ann

I have never used Outlook, u can try Thunderbird from Mozilla

http://www.filehippo.com/download_thunderbird/

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/features/

Looks like this, if u work with lots of emails - this is great tool. Simple and effective.

Sample:
Thunderbird-.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.