[SOLVED] Creating a new build with ryzen 3700x Need help with gpu

Oct 2, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am trying to build a new pc
CPU : AMD ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard : auros elite x570 wifi

Now i have my old ASUS EAH 5450 1gb graphic old, i want to know will it be able to fit in with this motherboard and cpu.
Also need suggestion which new one to buy 4gb in a limited budget.

Solution
If you choes ryzen 5 3600, keep on mind, you will need better cooler. Because ryzen 3000 series cpu is hot cpu.

If youar not planimg OC cpu you are dont need x370, x70, x570 chipset - you only need support for XMP ram.

Better watch for good gpu with great performance in lowest price.

For exc.

Ryzeb 5 3600 with Be Quiet dark rock 4 slim
Aorus b450 gaming or pro
G.skill trident z 3200 cl16
SSD OR NVME + storage hdd if you want
Aorus rtx 2060 super or on your will
Corsair, Antec, Cooler Master, Sesonic 750w with 92% effc or on your will
Mid or full tower with good air flow

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

savage8190

Honorable
Aug 27, 2017
I would save some money and go with a lower end processor and MOBO and invest that money into a better GPU...GPU will be your bottleneck.

X570 is a waste, go with a b450. You could go with a 3600 as well...those two savings combined would be a nice boost in your GPU purchase.

Reactions: King_V

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I know the regulars are going to think I sound like a broken record*, but...

Regarding your monitor:
  • What is its resolution?
  • What is its refresh rate?
  • Does it have GSync, FreeSync, or neither?
    • If FreeSync, what is the FreeSync Range?

* record. Yes, they were things, once. Vinyl platters that held recorded music. NOW YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!

I agree, if you have an overall lower budget, go with the Ryzen 5 3600 and get a better Gpu. The 3600 is no slouch by any means and will provide more than ample processing power for both rendering and gaming. This way you'll have an all around well balanced system that can do just about everything.

You really get a lot of performance for the money in the mid tier spectrum of hardware. How much are you willing to spend, what parts will you be reusing and what country are you from?

Oct 2, 2019
I know the regulars are going to think I sound like a broken record*, but...

Regarding your monitor:
  • What is its resolution?
  • What is its refresh rate?
  • Does it have GSync, FreeSync, or neither?
    • If FreeSync, what is the FreeSync Range?

* record. Yes, they were things, once. Vinyl platters that held recorded music. NOW YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!
  • 21.5" VA Panel with Full HD 1920 X 1080 Resolution
  • 1 MS Response Time - 75 Hz Refresh Rate
  • AMD Radeon Free Sync Technology

Oct 2, 2019
I agree, if you have an overall lower budget, go with the Ryzen 5 3600 and get a better Gpu. The 3600 is no slouch by any means and will provide more than ample processing power for both rendering and gaming. This way you'll have an all around well balanced system that can do just about everything.

You really get a lot of performance for the money in the mid tier spectrum of hardware. How much are you willing to spend, what parts will you be reusing and what country are you from?

From INDIA... Parts i will be reusing for a while:
PSU - corsair 550w
Ram - 1* 8 gb hyperx fury
HDD : 1 tb WD HDD, 2 tb Seagate baracuda
GPU in Question - 1 Gb 3450 asus.
---------------------------------

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
  • 21.5" VA Panel with Full HD 1920 X 1080 Resolution
  • 1 MS Response Time - 75 Hz Refresh Rate
  • AMD Radeon Free Sync Technology

Hm, I probably should've also asked for the brand and model.

That said, here is a list of RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1660 cards, sorted by price, in India. While of the three, the RX 570 is the lowest performing, it does offer the best performance-to-price ratio, and is quite good for 1920x1080, especially with the FreeSync capability, though you usually can't set it to max settings at that resolution.

Also, with the power supply, can we get the exact model number? ie: is it a VS 550, or a CX 550, or what? Also, as strange as this sounds, on the box it came in, what color are the letters on the model number? If I recall correctly, I think it's the case that if the VS is in orange letters, it's much lower quality than if the VS was in gray letters.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
If you choes ryzen 5 3600, keep on mind, you will need better cooler. Because ryzen 3000 series cpu is hot cpu.

If youar not planimg OC cpu you are dont need x370, x70, x570 chipset - you only need support for XMP ram.

Better watch for good gpu with great performance in lowest price.

For exc.

Ryzeb 5 3600 with Be Quiet dark rock 4 slim
Aorus b450 gaming or pro
G.skill trident z 3200 cl16
SSD OR NVME + storage hdd if you want
Aorus rtx 2060 super or on your will
Corsair, Antec, Cooler Master, Sesonic 750w with 92% effc or on your will
Mid or full tower with good air flow

Last edited:
Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
My friends near me have ryzen 3600, 3700x, 3800x and 3900x. Long long time testing and thinking with searching on google.

A google search reveals that the Wraith Stealth is fine for a stock 3600. Even a discussion here on the Tom's Hardware forums reveals that.

The 3700x, 3800x, and 3900x are higher TDP processors, but, also come with the Wraith Prism, which is larger and more effective than the Stealth in its own right.

Your anecdotal information, particularly dealing with other, hotter-running CPUs, doesn't really make for a good example. And it doesn't address whether the rest of the system's cooling (case fans, case design, video card, etc) is adequate/efficient.

But, whether going with the 3600 or the 3700x, stick with the stock cooler, at least to start with. IF it is somehow insufficient, then look for a better cooling solution - assuming that it's actually the CPU cooler that's the problem, and not something else.

Reactions: SgtScream

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
A google search reveals that the Wraith Stealth is fine for a stock 3600. Even a discussion here on the Tom's Hardware forums reveals that.

The 3700x, 3800x, and 3900x are higher TDP processors, but, also come with the Wraith Prism, which is larger and more effective than the Stealth in its own right.

Your anecdotal information, particularly dealing with other, hotter-running CPUs, doesn't really make for a good example. And it doesn't address whether the rest of the system's cooling (case fans, case design, video card, etc) is adequate/efficient.

But, whether going with the 3600 or the 3700x, stick with the stock cooler, at least to start with. IF it is somehow insufficient, then look for a better cooling solution - assuming that it's actually the CPU cooler that's the problem, and not something else.
This is true, but i see how its work for real. Standar temp is 40°C, in game 70°C +
With great full tower and great air flow.
I do some tests, bringing my msi frozr cooler l, stabdar temp in bios and windows is 20-30°C in game max 40. But when i use Be Quiet dark rock 4 pro or slim temp is normal, like 37 in game, normal standing in windows 25 or 30, like room temp, if u dont have more fans in the cas

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
This is true, but i see how its work for real. Standar temp is 40°C, in game 70°C +
With great full tower and great air flow.
I do some tests, bringing my msi frozr cooler l, stabdar temp in bios and windows is 20-30°C in game max 40. But when i use Be Quiet dark rock 4 pro or slim temp is normal, like 37 in game, normal standing in windows 25 or 30, like room temp, if u dont have more fans in the cas

Nobody is saying that a bigger cooler won't make temperatures lower.

But an in-game temperature in the 70s is absolutely fine. There is no problem with this temperature whatsoever.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
Nobody is saying that a bigger cooler won't make temperatures lower.

But an in-game temperature in the 70s is absolutely fine. There is no problem with this temperature whatsoever.
Maybe yes, maybe not. But for real this temp it is not good. I have 37-40 max.
I am seek for pc, tem, cabel organisation, air flow and etc. But 70 is to high for new ryzen series with low (nm) tehology.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
There is no maybe about it. To say that temperatures of 70C under gaming load are not good is outright false.
You have diferent thinks and you have right. But for real think in this business and knowlage, 70C is not normal. No metter wath. U need better air cas condition, better cooling system for cpu, maybe your gpu is slow then cpu, ram is littl more full. Etc.
What you say abouth this, it is not right.
Im talking from the first hand, because i work with pc component every day and test.

No hearth feelings. :)

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
If the gaming load is really high on the 3700x, then yes 70c is reasonable. However if the gaming load is under 50%, then that could be a future potential problem as processor intensive gaming demands increase. If the latter, consider reinstalling the heat sink.
True, but with great cooler this is not problem. Whene i put on my friend be quiet dark rock 4 pro, temp is tabil. 3700x have good resistance for high temp. But for normal useing 50-60 is to high, in game 70+. Better cooler and problem is gone.