[SOLVED] Creating a Windows 10 Installation USB and it's taking too long to download.

Jeff Kaos

Distinguished
I'm using the Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's website to create a USB to install Windows 10 on a new build and it's been downloading for about 4 hours or more and is only about 12% completed. Anyone know what the heck is up with this? I downloaded a 50GB game on Uplay yesterday and it only took maybe 2 hours.

I built a PC about 3 years ago and have a Windows 10 USB that I bought from Best Buy. I decided create a new one because it was suggested that my older USB installer would be outdated. But now I'm wondering if I should just use that anyway because of how long this download is taking. I can just see it reaching 99% next week some time and then getting an error.

Solution
You might want to check your bandwidth using Speed test and that your getting what you are paying for from your ISP or maybe i'ts a restriction from the Microsoft server. Some ISPs actually restrict download speed during busy periods.