[SOLVED] Creating an new Mid-End Gaming PC. Is this a good build for the budget?Please give your valuable suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2021
I'm planning to build a new mid-tier gaming PC. I have selected the following components based upon its prices and availability in India My config is as follows:

CPU = AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Motherboard = Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS Motherboard

RAM = G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GFX

Graphics Card = MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TWIN FAN OC 8GB GDDR6

SSD = Samsung 970 Evo 1TB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Solid State Drive

SMPS = Gigabyte P750GM 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular Power Supply

Cabinet = Ant Esports ICE-200TG Mid Tower Gaming Cabinet

Keyboard/Mouse = Cooler Master Devastator III Combo

Are these components fully compatible with each other? Being a newbie I'm totally open to your suggestion.

Solution
Hi Kamorta.

Not too sure about that PSU. PSU Tier list doesn't include it except one and it says the P-GM is a Tier E (Extremelly dangerous in various situations) kind of PSU. I could be wrong if anyone can jump in and have more info about that PSU.

The Case could be better with an open front mesh for airflow especially if it's hot in the room.

The RAM. If this is 1 stick of RAM do not buy it like that. You want a 2x8GB 3600MHz CL16 RAM Kit or at least a 3200MHz CL16 but the 2 sticks (From the same kit) is important for Dual Channel Memory.

If you intend of using the 5600X stock cooler just know that you will see high temperatures. Zen 3 is hot. The stock cooler might sound like a jet engine too.

The motherboard has the BIOS...
Hi Kamorta.

Not too sure about that PSU. PSU Tier list doesn't include it except one and it says the P-GM is a Tier E (Extremelly dangerous in various situations) kind of PSU. I could be wrong if anyone can jump in and have more info about that PSU.

The Case could be better with an open front mesh for airflow especially if it's hot in the room.

The RAM. If this is 1 stick of RAM do not buy it like that. You want a 2x8GB 3600MHz CL16 RAM Kit or at least a 3200MHz CL16 but the 2 sticks (From the same kit) is important for Dual Channel Memory.

If you intend of using the 5600X stock cooler just know that you will see high temperatures. Zen 3 is hot. The stock cooler might sound like a jet engine too.

The motherboard has the BIOS Flashback needed to flash the BIOS without the CPU because it will need a BIOS update to support the 5600X.

At what resolution and refresh rate are you playing your games?

Reactions: Kamorta
Solution
Jan 29, 2021
Hi Kamorta.

The motherboard has the BIOS Flashback needed to flash the BIOS without the CPU because it will need a BIOS update to support the 5600X.

At what resolution and refresh rate are you playing your games?
Hi nemesis, thanks for such a quick reply. I plan to game at 1080p to 1440p at 60FPS in High Settings for games like GTA V, hitman series etc.

I don't know about PSU tiers, can you share a link?

This RAM is 2x 8GB sticks with 3200 MHz and C16. Currently 3600 CL16 and 3200 CL 14 RAMs are not available anywhere and few sellers who are selling are charging exponentially so not within budget.

OK, I will get a better front mesh cabinet as per your recommendation.

Currently planning to use stock cooler due to budget limitation but plan to upgrade to a AIO Liquid Cooler by year end.

Hi nemesis, thanks for such a quick reply. I plan to game at 1080p to 1440p at 60FPS in High Settings for games like GTA V, hitman series etc.

I don't know about PSU tiers, can you share a link?

This RAM is 2x 8GB sticks with 3200 MHz and C16. Currently 3600 CL16 and 3200 CL 14 RAMs are not available anywhere and few sellers who are selling are charging exponentially so not within budget.

OK, I will get a better front mesh cabinet as per your recommendation.

Currently planning to use stock cooler due to budget limitation but plan to upgrade to a AIO Liquid Cooler by year end.

Here is some PSU tier list.

The higher the PSU is on these list the better. From the first tier list a Tier A-B. C if you have no choice but don't go lower.

The RAM will be ok.

Everything else should be ok.

Reactions: Kamorta
Jan 29, 2021
Here is some PSU tier list.

The higher the PSU is on these list the better. From the first tier list a Tier A-B. C if you have no choice but don't go lower.

The RAM will be ok.

Everything else should be ok.
Thanq Nemesis...

Status
Not open for further replies.