Creative Labs Support

zodalpha1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Just curious, has anyone had to deal with Creative Labs in the way of tech support? I have a Creative Labs Annihalator 2 Gforce GTS and my fan died 35 days into ownership, i called Creative and they said they would send me another fan-- well nothing was ever sent so i purchased a Thermaltake Blue Orb and popped the crappy OEM fan and installed the Blue Orb. The card works fine ever since but still, Is Creatvie that bad, or is this a unique episode?

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I tried calling them about a problem i was having on a classic Athlon 600 with a creative sb live and a creative TNT2 Ultra. I was having problems with the sound hanging and the machine locking up on almost every game. Reloading Windows, differant drivers, bios flashes, software wouldnt fix the problem before I called them. Creative told me to try all of these things, then they suggest moving around the cards around. That still didnt fix the problem. My solution was to get a new mobo and p3 733. Creative didnt really help with anything that i hadnt already tried.

G

Who really helps you at any of these Co.’s.
You know all those guys come from Mci D’s and having a I’m better than you attitude just to get hired.
These Co's just don’t want to pay the price that even some of the people writing here deserve for knowing almost everything there is to know about comp’s of all different configz.
If the product is a good one then buy it. If it doesn’t work then F around with it till it works perf then you’ll know what they should have told you and you’ll know that there’s no way that they could have told you what the prob was.
Another WHATEVER from BDISK!
Thanx

G

I have had to call creative numerous times and they tell you all they know,but My Video card failed and I just got a new one from them. ^ days later. They also shipped me MDK2 4 days after I requested it because it wasnt in the box I bought it in. So Id say it was good. But a word of advice. ALWAYS ask for a supervisor when asking for a replacement , they take care of it.