Creative SB Titanium HD on z506?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melbinorhino

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
So I have a 5.1 sound system, the Logitech z506. They are cheap but they sound good. I wanted to expand the sound so I got a sound card, Creative Sound Blaster Titanium HD to be exact. I found it in Best Buy for 90 dollars so I just had to buy it. Well my trouble is making the sound be 5.1.

I don't know if it's possible seeing as the z506 does not have Optical inputs, only analog and the three connectors for surround sound (not sure what they are called). Also I can't enable Dolby Digital Live because from what I've read, I need for it to be connected through optical? Anyway, I'm gonna keep this card seeing as how I like the improvement on sound. I just want to know if there is a way to make it TRUE 5.1 if not at least SIMULATED 5.1.

I do have the green cable connected so all the speakers are working (front and rear ones), just not in surround sound(5.1). Anyway, thanks for your help in advance! I won't return the sound card, but if I need to replace the speakers, then I guess I'll do it later on. :D

PS. I've noticed crackling when listening to some songs that I didn't have before. Like I said I'm using stereo connectors with the green cable connected to the motherboard for back speaker function.

Solution
best speakers for Titanium HD are 2.0 or 2.1 setup. you can check those:

Corsair SP2500
Logitech Z623
M-AUDIO Studiophile AV 40
Creative GigaWorks T40

to enjoy surround sound on your z506 you'll need an X-Fi Titanium or Recon3D.

tinnitus

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
best speakers for Titanium HD are 2.0 or 2.1 setup. you can check those:

Corsair SP2500
Logitech Z623
M-AUDIO Studiophile AV 40
Creative GigaWorks T40

to enjoy surround sound on your z506 you'll need an X-Fi Titanium or Recon3D.

Solution

melbinorhino

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
Well I guess the option would be to get the Recon 3D and give this one to my dad, since he uses 2.1. So is the Recon 3D worth the price? I've read a lot of reviews on the Titanium saying it's overpriced and stuff like that.

tinnitus

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011

based on reviews Recon3D is good for headphone gaming (better than X-Fi) but not so good for music listening, I think X-Fi is still the all-in-one best package.

if you are not interested on games you can go for Asus soundcards, Xonar DG or DS could be a good companion for the Logitech z506.

DG = 96Khz
DS = 192Khz

more Khz produces higher treble sounds and can be stressing.

melbinorhino

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
Hmm, I like that idea more. Getting another sound card would be kinda like a downgrade I guess. Thanks for the info! I'll see when I can get some new speakers! I use them more for gaming but it still sounds MUCH better than onboard audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.