Creative SBX Settings For Games

Joker-2d-Thief

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Hi Community! I'm in need of your valuable expertise...

I've been using Creative Sound Blaster X-FI MB-3 software suite that came bundled with my Gigabyte H170 Gaming-3 motherboard. The board has Realtek ALC-1150 HD Audio Codec...
I'm using Logitech Z-506 5.1 External Speakers on Analog Connection...
I'm playing Modern FPS games like Call Of Duty, Battlefield etc. So I need some Good Sound Positioning for Directional Audio....

What should be the settings in the SB XFI software for Gaming Audio...?
There are sliders for Crystalizer, Surround, Dialog Plus, Smart Volume etc....
And what about the option SBX Pro Surround...?
Is it actually required for External 5.1 Speakers during gaming or is it meant for Virtual Surround with Headphones Only...? Should I leave it ON or OFF to get some Decent Directional Sound through my speakers in Modern Games...?

Thank You & Best Regards.......

Solution
The settings depend on personal preference and vary from source to source.
I prefer Surround 50%, Crystalizer 100% and Bass 25% while gaming and only Crystalizer 100% when listening to music. For movies I like them all on 50% except vocal boost 100%.

Pro surround is virtual surround. You do not need a 5.1 system. It works pretty well so I would turn it on if you want directional sound.

harrisjb78

Notable
Mar 5, 2017
The settings depend on personal preference and vary from source to source.
I prefer Surround 50%, Crystalizer 100% and Bass 25% while gaming and only Crystalizer 100% when listening to music. For movies I like them all on 50% except vocal boost 100%.

Pro surround is virtual surround. You do not need a 5.1 system. It works pretty well so I would turn it on if you want directional sound.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS