Creative Software Boosts On-Board Audio to Hi-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

grillz9909

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I wish EAX would just die already. There needs to be a non proprietary equivalent so we don't have to rely on their shoddy drivers. Just wishful thinking though.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Creative... you can't produce "premium audio" through software. It's just another deceptive quick money grabbing scheme meant to prey on the ignorant and ill informed. Congratulations Creative, you can add this to your repertoire of terrible customer service, shady business model, and horrible driver support. It's just as Mr. Parrish stated, no matter how much you pretty it up, there's no getting around the cheap integrated audio components. Although something like this might do well in a laptop, merely enhancing the sub par audio performance of an integrated audio solution, it's still far from a "premium audio" experience.

G

Creative has been providing this software to motherboard manufacturers for a while now. This is just the latest revision. Too bad it can't be purchased separately.

However, given Creative's track record in regards to support and updates, you're probably better off purchasing a motherboard with a Realtek chipset and Dolby Home Theater. You get all the same features (minus EAX5,) but support is much better. Realtek releases new drivers approximately once a month. When I reported a bug, I received a prompt reply, and the bug was fixed in the next release.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
creative drivers and support sucks!

but it is nice of them to restore old game's sound. wtf MS?? why did you break everything with vista? audio? openGL? wtf?

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Nothing more than a mobo bullet point. Software emulation is nothing with a lousy DAC or cheap speakers, it's not like the Realteks don't come with "sound boosting" technology as well. Computers just can't replace a decent receiver, especially not with the "protected path" garbage.

reconspartan

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
I have laptop with no dedicated sound card + windows 7 + surround sound headset (that uses directsound) and all I play is BF2. Too bad they aren't selling the software IMO. Seems like it would improve my experience.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]reconspartan[/nom]I have laptop with no dedicated sound card + windows 7 + surround sound headset (that uses directsound) and all I play is BF2. Too bad they aren't selling the software IMO. Seems like it would improve my experience.[/citation]

Somehow I doubt your using Windows 7 AND Direct Sound. Or did Microsoft add that back in after they did not put it in Vista? I remember thats where the drivers for my Audigy and my X-Fi really took a nose dive (thankfully they have gotten a lot better over time now)

buggy drivers, lots of issues. and i wont forget what you did to Daniel_K, not just that, but doing that just to make consumers buy you newer products? that is just plain wrong creative, shame on you

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]Too bad they cant fix the issue with their audigy/x-fi cards and vista/win7 first. No mic is no fun when you play online with a gaming clan.[/citation]
I had the same problem then i realised that the driver itself is missing one important component which you`ll have to download separately from their site. It`s called Creative Console Launcher and it looks like this:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2971/consolee.jpg

The only problem i see with realtek`s integrated solution is the lack of amplification on their soundcards ... i have a Logitech sound system and it doesn`t offer amplification for headphones and my Pioneer SE-M390 are too much for my realtek onboard so here i am on a Creative x-fi sound card. And yes driver support blows.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
My question is, how much does it tax the CPU? It seems like with the ever increasing abundance of CPU power that it makes sense to rewrite software to take advantage of the extra cores, etc. I mean, if my game or music isn't using all my system resources then I might as well have better refined and re-sampled audio.

omac1a

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
[citation][nom]7amood[/nom]interesting to see Creative and ASUS as partners... i thought they were rivals in the sound card field...[/citation]

Yeah, but the computer business is incestuous. Sony and MS are rivals in the console market, but every Vaio PC has a copy of Windows, and Samsung makes their own line of MP3 players, but still sells memory to other manufacturers.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I rather use dedicated sound cards.

I got 1 PC with Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty and another PC with
Sound Blaster X-Fi Gamer (this one I beleive is NOT a TRUE Sound Blaster X-fi)

gayanx86

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]I rather use dedicated sound cards.I got 1 PC with Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty and another PC with Sound Blaster X-Fi Gamer (this one I beleive is NOT a TRUE Sound Blaster X-fi)[/citation]
X-Fi gamer is a true X-Fi card, X-Fi Xtreme Audio is the junk old card :)

Status
Not open for further replies.