Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX not working on Windows 7 64 bit

Grindor

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
I recently bought a Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX for my 5.1 speaker, the problem is when I install the driver, I got an error message saying that my sound card is unsupported by the driver, even I install the latest update, it doesn't fix the problem. I already disable the on-board audio controller, re-format my PC, research the problem in the internet but still, no made progress.

Here is the list of my components in my PC:

MoBo: ASUS M4A78LT-M LX

Video Card: Sapphire AMD Radeon 1GB GDDR5 R7 250

Processor: AMD Phenom X4 840 (3.2 Ghz)

Memory: 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X

PSU: Cooler Master Extreme 525w

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master T2 mini Blizzard

Hardrive: 500GB Hitachi 7200 rpm and 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm

CPU Case: Cooler Master N300 w/o window

ODD: LG DVD-RW

Grindor

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
I already tried that, here is the exact error message I got from that update:

"Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this setup program."

Click Start
In "Search programs and files", type "device".
Click "Device Manager".
Expand "Sound, Video and Game controllers"
Do you see your sound card here?
If not, the card has not been detected by the computer.
There may be motherboard settings to enable the PCI slots.

Grindor

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
The only thing appears in the "Sound, Video and Game controllers" is my "AMD High Definition Audio", I think that thing is in my video card. I can't see the Creative Sound Blaster sound card. If the pci slot is disable, how to enable it???? I already browse the BIOS but I can find it...I just can't understand the manual of my motherboard......here is the website of my motherboard:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4A78LTM_LX/#support

Can you give me an idea how to find it in the BIOS????

Grindor

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
The "High Definition Audio Device" now appear in "Sound, Video and Game controllers", I install the Creative Sound Blaster sound card driver but this error message still appear "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this setup program."

By the way, I'am now downloading the update for my BIOS as you said......

TRENDING THREADS