[SOLVED] Creative sound blaster z not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2021
I bought a new Creative Soundblaster Z to overcome problems with the integrated sound card (the audio output was "heard" by the microphone). So i open the case and install it on the PCI Express X 1, restarted the pc but it wasn't working.

In the device manager I noticed that the card was read as an audio device but not as an output / input; ideas how i could do? Keep in mind that I have already tried to remove and replace the sound card, update the drivers, deactivate and reactivate the cards and deactivated the internal sound card from the bios. Suspected changes imposed by Hp to avoid the use of audio outputs connected to PCI X 1, similar to the system to block the integrated video output and privilege the NVIDIA card

Solution
Sound Blaster makes great hardware, but drivers in the past were a bit painful.

Onboard audio should work unless you have a defective MB.

If your having issues with onboard and external card, not trying to be mean, but do you have a lot of experience with this?

I would start off getting the latest drivers and make sure the card you got supports your OS. Update the drivers manually if you have too.

Good luck!
Apr 12, 2021
Here some imagines
large

large

large

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Sound Blaster makes great hardware, but drivers in the past were a bit painful.

Onboard audio should work unless you have a defective MB.

If your having issues with onboard and external card, not trying to be mean, but do you have a lot of experience with this?

I would start off getting the latest drivers and make sure the card you got supports your OS. Update the drivers manually if you have too.

Good luck!

Solution
Nov 25, 2022
I bought a new Creative Soundblaster Z to overcome problems with the integrated sound card (the audio output was "heard" by the microphone). So i open the case and install it on the PCI Express X 1, restarted the pc but it wasn't working.

In the device manager I noticed that the card was read as an audio device but not as an output / input; ideas how i could do? Keep in mind that I have already tried to remove and replace the sound card, update the drivers, deactivate and reactivate the cards and deactivated the internal sound card from the bios. Suspected changes imposed by Hp to avoid the use of audio outputs connected to PCI X 1, similar to the system to block the integrated video output and privilege the NVIDIA card

I've tried several drivers and windows 10 versions. But still facing "no sound" from Creative Sound Blaster Z. Seems like it was playing but completely no sound. It wasn't any hardware issue. I double checked it. It was completely unresponsive unless I downgraded my PC to Windows 10 Pro (Version: 21H1 OS Build: 19043.1083 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0). It was only working Windows 10 version I could find that supports Creative Sound Blaster Z and its app. So, I recommend switching to that specific version if you want to use your Creative Sound Blaster Z card again. Beware: Never Upgrade to Version: 22H2. It'll mute your sound card again and there is no solution for it till today. However, you are free to explore more for your solution. Good luck to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.