Creative Sound Blaster ZXR Question

G

I just purchased a Creative Sound Blaster ZXR sound card. I noticed that the gold-like plating that both surrounds the audio output and input ports and holds the card in place inside the PC case has some dark discoloration on certain parts. This is also the case with the smaller daughter card. I assumed that the only thing that the plate does is hold the card securely in place while mounted inside the PC case. Just to be on the safe side, would this plate discoloration in anyway impact the sound card's performance either in the near term or the long term if I use it? Thanks.

Solution
First of all it sounds like the plating is discolored where there is no electrical contact. If that's the case, it is irrelevant. Even if the discoloration is where there is electrical contact, it may not impede current flow. So my short answer is...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
First of all it sounds like the plating is discolored where there is no electrical contact. If that's the case, it is irrelevant. Even if the discoloration is where there is electrical contact, it may not impede current flow. So my short answer is...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Solution