Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Soundcard PCI-Express - CMSS-3D not working with iTunes

Snakes1000

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
I have a high-end tower pc but wasn't happy with the onboard soundcard of the Gigabyte Z170X Gaming mb. So I use an old soundcard as above. However, after a recent crash and install (keeping old files and apps) I cannot get the CMSS-3D effect to function when playing my iTunes library as I could before.

In the Creative Console, having selected the 7.1 speaker setup and tested successfully the speakers, I have clicked the X-Fi CMSS-3D button, enabled X-Fi CMSS-3D check box, clicked the Surround button to set it Stereo Xpand and then adjusted the slider to redirect the the upmix balance between front and surround speakers.

But, nothing different happens, I have successfully set this up before on this rig.

I have tried uninstalling all Creative software, disabling any residue programs, renaming remaining Creative folders (by adding - old to the end of them) and then reinstalled from the soundcards original disk and then updated the drivers to XFXA_PCDRV_LB_WIN8_1_05_0001.exe

Can anyone help suggest a solution?

from the filename of the driver you posted XFXA_PCDRV_LB_WIN8_1_05_0001.exe
. that is for windows 8, not windows 10. go to the creative website and make sure you download the correct drivers

Snakes1000

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
This is the correct driver (despite the name!) - described as - This suite of driver and application has been updated and combined for your convenience. It installs Creative® Audio Console to control your audio device's settings. This software includes support for Windows® 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).