Creative to make Kyro II cards

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
<i>"The most important part of the PC the 3 1/2 floppy"</i>

I thought it was the sticker that goes on the pc. (Intel inside / Powered by AMD)

<i><b><font color=red>"2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2"</font color=red></b></i>

G

holygrenade...
now you see...
why kyro 2 is actually a good product ...
they (board makers) can actually make money with this kyro 2 unlike the geforce's

G

noone said it wasn't a good product...they were just saying that it is not the end all, beat all, last card you need to buy for 2 years like you are saying

G

I am not saying that!
I still say that geforce 3 is better...

G

well, the people in the other post dont think that's what you're saying

should clear that up with them :)

Update: I'm referring to this post: Kyro 2 the killer of nvidia ??? <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Navguy on 04/08/01 03:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
I've always said its a decent card, but its released about six months too late. You were saying it destroys GeForce cards.

Especially, now that the GeForce Pro cards are around the same price as the kyro.

<i><b><font color=red>"2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2"</font color=red></b></i>

G

Let see the pro cards have DDR memory ?
that is more expensive than sdr ?
if so then we WILL SEE CHEAPER KYRO's...
;)
by the way kyro only have 15 million trasistors
how much more transisors does geforces have?

if they have less transistors then they will be able to lower even more the price...

well they can lower the price of kyro to a limit that the geforce makers can't...
and earn more $$$$
in the future we will see more board makers entering the kyron wagon..
they want to make $$$$
:)
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by powervr2 on 04/08/01 07:45 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Your forgetting R&D. They wont push the price down until the recoup the cost of R&D. Unless they're really desperate.

G

Hercules have just put a 3D Prophet Kyro II on the market as well.

~ I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully ~

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Creative is also going to make them. The manufatures want a product that will make them money that is where the kyroII comes into play where as the GFMX does not make them as much per card, they are betting on tier one and retail consumers on a budget for the kyroII not the highend gamer or power user.

SANDMAN
LEAN MEAN KILLIN MACHINE