Creative X-Fi Pro Elite

milianoart

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Hi All

My X-Fi has version 2.18.015 and (trie beta), my remote and breakout box was working perfectly until installed the latest nvdia 301.42 drivers now my sound works 100% but the remote and the breakout box (amp) wont light up. Check my device manager it shows driver version 6.0.1.1375 and it says wdm creative x-fi. plus Nvidia High Definition is in device manager list 7-8 times (no conflicts)

any ideas? i have installed the most recent driver for my Windows 7 64bit from creative and nothing.

My card is powered and i have enable the entertainment center remote...any idea what happened?

thank you!

Did you update the nVidia drivers to try and fix a graphics problem or just because an update was available? If the latter, that's bad practice if the old driver was working okay.

Go into Device Manager.
Right-click the nVidia video device and choose "Properties".
Under the "Driver" tab click "Roll back driver".

milianoart

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Hi Phil

Thanks but i always had that driver, it was just a repair i did, cause sometimes nvdia update icon failes, and only a re-install fixes it.

But the sound works perfectly , i am starting to draw the conclusion that the breakout box may have gone, cause the earphone jack doesnt work either... :(