Creative X-Fi to Go into Your Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
So after you pause a song do you have reset the system to get it work again? How often do you have to take it back to the dealership to have the latest beta drivers installed? Creative Labs is one of the worst companies out there when it comes to supporting a product.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I used to love Creative's products, ever since the old 486 days, especially when EAX first came out, however their support, among other things, has drastically declined over the years. Seems they are more flash then anything else now a days or it takes forever just to get their stuff to work right and then it only seems to work in certain circumstances. At least that's been my exp.

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
I believe all motorists seek to enjoy music and videos of the highest quality when traveling in their cars.
I certainly hope not. The "motorist" (read, driver) should not be attempting to enjoy video content unless the car is parked, ergo, not whilst traveling, in the literal sense.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
"I certainly hope not. The "motorist" (read, driver) should not be attempting to enjoy video content unless the car is parked, ergo, not whilst traveling, in the literal sense."

Good news. They don't, or I hope not. Basically the driver and the front passenger are incapable of watching any video. The way those LCD display are setup, the ones that can do video, there are a one or two wires, one goes to the ignition and the other to the emergency brake. The video will not play unless the ignition switch is turned to the proper position and the emergency brake is engaged. The ones you probably see are the ones in all the vans and SUV's in which it is for the backseat passengers only. Okay, Okay! Before anyone says anything, yes for the driver and front passenger, you can bypass the ignition and emergency brake safety feature so can watch video regardless, I am just saying that is not how they are installed at a dealer.

manquelm

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
To Evil_Overlord:
10% THD is not bad for a Car audio system at 45W max... In this type of systems the power amplifier sacrifices some quality in order to obtain the max available power, but at average power the THD should be less than 0.5 . But spects don't publish that info.

G

George Orville
This seems rather pointless.
1. The iPod touch is an easy to use, touch screen audio player
2. it is illegal to watch DVD's while driving - why put DVD capability
into our cars?
3. Since the iPod touch already could do most of what this system is
proposing... why pay $1,300.

Perhaps someone should make/design an in-dash unit which docks the iPod touch/iPhone. An in-dash unit with built-in amplifier and charger would not require any additional software or firmware, other than what currently exists. Also, this same unit could combine Bluetooth for iPhone users.

Am I just crazy? Or is that simply too sensible of an idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.