Creators update and 32GB storage

zoumpoulakis

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
My Windows tablet has only 32GB storage memory, of which 22GB are reserved for Windows and Virtual Memory. I have also disabled hibernation, no programs are installed, deleted some preinstalled Metro apps, and the best I can have is 6GB free, but Creators installer needs 8GB, even if I select to put the update on the 64GB SD card. What can I do now? Should I try to use the Media Creation Tool? I don't know if it contains the update. Any other solution?

Solution
I would personally suggest you pt out of the Creators update since:
a| some folks are reporting compatibility issues on their hardware
and
b| You're limited on your storage options. You're going to need the storage off the primary OS drive and not secondary storage space.

You might find this article of use but please be careful as you may need to reinstall your former version if things go bad. SHould things go bad, it'd be a good idea to keep your bootable USB installer for Windows 10, handy.

On another note, mind sharing the make and model of your tablet?

Lutfij

Titan
I would personally suggest you pt out of the Creators update since:
a| some folks are reporting compatibility issues on their hardware
and
b| You're limited on your storage options. You're going to need the storage off the primary OS drive and not secondary storage space.

You might find this article of use but please be careful as you may need to reinstall your former version if things go bad. SHould things go bad, it'd be a good idea to keep your bootable USB installer for Windows 10, handy.

On another note, mind sharing the make and model of your tablet?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS