Creators Update; Right-click Start Menu: 'Features and programs' -> 'Apps and Features'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikmik91

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
As the title sort of already states, before the creators update when you right clicked the start menu, it'd populate a huge list of commonly used system apps in windows. One of them being the 'Programs and Features' accessed through Control Panel.

This, along with 'System' have now changed to those funky windows that you used to see in Win 8 and 8.1. It's not the normal file explorer window, it's rather a dedicated applet that tries to act like the original program with, in my opinion, severely limited features compared to the original.

What I want to know is: How can I change this back to how it used to be BEFORE the Creators Update? Yes, I know I could rollback, but sooner or later I'll be forced to install it so I may as well keep it.

If you don't understand my question, open up Control Panel and navigate to the Programs and Features, or sometimes called Add/Remove Programs.

Next, try right clicking the Start Bar and click on 'Apps and Features'. See how they look drastically different yet perform more or less the same functions? The 'Apps and Features' one looks horrible compared to the default one we're all accustomed to.

How can I change this back?

Colif

Win 11 Master
so you didn't notice command prompt (admin) became Powershell (admin) though you can change this back via taskbar options. They also moved Control panel entirely.

they want people using the settings menu and not control panel yet it looks half done still. replace it all at once, not slowly guys

click power options, now takes you to settings/system/power options, then you have to click Additional power options to get back to where the original power options button used to take you.
Event Viewer stayed the same
System - the replacement doesn't even have the same shortcuts, still need to click system info to get original screen.
the rest remain more or less the same but i expect they will slowly be merged into settings as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.