Crestfallen's Build Log (Hades)

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I just wanted to sort of document one of the biggest points of my PC building quest, the point in which I open my mind to watercooling.

I originally wanted to start off easy by buying a XSPC Rasa Ex 360 kit but i figured i could slowly put my own creation together piece by piece, per payday, like i did with my first PC build. Also, just a heads up, if you can see that i've done something wrong just shout out, as i have only just begun this and we all need a little help to learn.

Overall this whole kit including some little extra bits and pieces, (lighting and cable sleeves and what not) will end up costing me around about $500 - $600 so i figured if im gonna spend that much on this kit naturally i'd want it to look flash right? this will probably go over the course of about 6 weeks as i get paid fortnightly.

Believe it or not my girlfriend had the idea of calling it Hades as the blue and black theme reminded her of Hades from herculies haha.

Cheers to Moto for helping me with a butload of stuff, from what gear to pick, all the way through to answering my silly questions, your help was very much appreciated!

Ok well ill start emailing myself some pictures and try get them up here for you all to see :) cheers for your time.

Crest

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Also i just wanted to add that in the time that i take to order these parts i might have to ask a few questions in reguard to what gear whoevers watching would recommend.

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
This will be without the TEC idea unfortunately boiler haha sorry, i want to get my first watercooling setup done first. then i might possibly build a seperate tec idea outside a case, in the other thread i said that ill draw up my image of the idea and send it to you if you want?

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I'd like to but I cant access any image hosting websites from work. I could wait until the weekend and upload then I guess. no worries, ill figure something out.

And i'd like to get into some crazy modding if i had the time and money haha. i dont mind voiding warranty. :p

Flagging, and thank you for the compliments :)
One slight change to your original post though,
Shout up if I'm doing something wrong,
There is no wrong, just different :)
Like faraday said, I have not failed a thousand times, I have just eliminated a thousand ways that do not work
We'll keep you on the right track if needed mate, I look forward to this log evolving
Moto

I'm not having issues with the pics...?

Good choice with the Koolance stuff - it's pretty well engineered from my experience. At first I thought you had a Primochill bayres, but I'm glad you don't. Those things had no instructions and were complicated to install...

Yeah, I wish I hadn't uninstalled those QDCs and sold them - they would have made GPU changeouts very simple and easy. They were also so well-machined that the threads were extremely sharp (cut my hand adding and removing them to/from the loop).

To the OP, you need to resize your pics 450 to 550 pixel width, Toms reviews are all done at 450 .png @ 120 DPI, so it's easier on those not running high speed internet connections.

We all want to share here but you have to make it user friendly for those with less internet performance or else they'll just avoid opening what you post.

I have a very descent internet connection speed and it took almost a minute for those pictures to load for the first time, someone on a dial up connection would take 30 or 40 minutes to load.

Click my cooling fan roundup in my sig, all those pictures are 450 pixel width .png (Portable Network Graphic) pictures.

This is just a suggestion!

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Sorry Ryan, im at work so i couldn't view any of the pictures at all :/ not even the ones I uploaded haha i'll see what i can do from work to re-size the images. ill make a mental note of 450 - 550 cheers! :)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You should be able to do it from within any image hosting web page...most have tools to do this. You can do this, or force an image size (I don't recall the exact tags needed...someone else might chime in) when you post the image.

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Ah this might be where my webdesign course comes in handy haha would it be much like basic HTML or does the forum have specific tags?

However forcing the size of the image in HTML probably wont change the download size :/

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Ok well i've been running my hosting through dropbox on my iphone, thats what i take pictures with so ill find a ggod image resizing app and give that a crack :)

Will it be alright to leave it up for now while i go about this or would you rather me take the pics down untill i've done it?

I was in hell resizing all those pics of my thermal paste guide! :fou:

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
haha yeah its a bit of a stuff around but he is exactly right, and I learned this in my design course so I should've known better haha. Silly mistake on my behalf i was too worried about getting the pics up haha. :/

However, to the Mod, is it ok if they remain as JPEGs? i'm not sure iphones support PNG :(