[SOLVED] Critical Error 41 (63)

bep1995

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
Hello !! I have a problem. Today i tried to transfer some files to a usb stick and I found that it doesnt working at all, not even on my phone. After some tries i did a restart (with the usb stick removed) and it got a bsod with critical error 41 (63) ( on event viewer) I dont know if that happend at startup or after loading the windows, i was away for 1-2 minutes

But later today i looked again at the event viewer and saw that since I did an upgrade (cpu mobo ram) on July 7 I had 3 more critical errors 41 on August 9, August 18 and September 17 but without noticing it. It is very random and with several days between the errors. I dont know whats it's going wrong, Generally I didnt notice any issue with the pc.

I changed the psu in March (seasonic gx 750) and in the event viewer there are 2 more critical errors 41, May 20 and June 28, but since the last format i did (August 2020) I have never had any bsod, I used to have a bsods but it was a ram problem and i fix it by changing the slots of the ram sticks

My pc parts: ryzen 5 3600, gigabyte b550 aorus elite v2, hyperx fury 16gb (2x8) @ 3200, sapphire pulse rx550 4gb, kingston a2000 1tb nvme, seasonic focus gx 750

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Event 41 can be indicative of a bad PSU. It also results from unexpected shutdown events, so such things as an unexpected thermal shutdown, or hitting the power/reset button can throw it as well.

Might be worthwhile to check all your power connections and verify nothing is loose.

bep1995

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
Everything seems fine, nothing loose. No power loss at gaming no power loss even at stress test like prime95 or cinebench. From march or even from last year i did not notice any unexpected restart or bsod. I dont think is the psu, im not 100% sure but i dont think so.
There was a couple of times that i shutting down the pc from the power button due to some "not responding app" but i dont know how many times i did that and if that matches the errors date and time.
Can the todays bsod (the only one i notice) related with that bad usb stick ?? I read somewhere that this error (41) can happen when a driver is corrupted ?? something like that. Maybe the usb stick caused that ?? But it was unplugged.... I really dont know !!