Critical errors and don't know how to fix :(

qiwibunni

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Hi everyone, my computer has been experiencing long startups and random locks and freezes amongst other problems. I have tried a couple solutions suggested (msconfig diagnostic startups, etc) but now the startups seem to take even longer (it would stay on the "welcome" screen for ~ 4 minutes before logging into windows). I've looked at msconfig a few times and I only have about 5 items selected for startups. And I've unchecked all that I can under "Services"

I looked at the event viewer and these are some of the errors I got -- if any of you know how to fix, please help :(

** I have repaired microsoft.net framework 4.0 as one of the errors was relating to that, so I will see if that will give me any more errors **

ev6i.jpg

ev5q.jpg

ev4k.jpg

ev3z.jpg

ev2x.jpg

ev1v.jpg

Thank you all for your help!

qiwibunni

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Umm...I should also add that I am pretty bad with computers lol

How do you run a hard drive test .....?
If you are referring to scanning and repairing bad sections and what not -- i have already done that :(

Hi :)

IF you already have bad sectors, your hard drive is toast.... you NEED a NEW hard drive and reinstall...

All the best Brett :)

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010

Start up repair and System Restore are two different things.

System restore should fix everything back to default, without damaging your personal files.

qiwibunni

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
I've noticed that everytime microsoft security essentials tried to scan, it'd end up freezing my computer. I uninstalled that and so far I haven't had any issues :D

thanks to all those who tried to help :D

*raises a hand* Uhm did you already have another Antivirus WITH MSE installed on the computer? If so that was the root cause, you can only have ONE Antivirus on a computer at a time. If you didn't have TWO Antivirus running, only MSE, well you just made your computer vulnerable and you need a Antivirus installed asap (recommend AVAST! ) .

From my gloss over those errors, the first supposition was the HDD (where the files are stored) is corrupt or bad sectors. As you said your computer comes up fine during scans, but you said you messed with Services, I believe you may have turned off interdependent services by mistake. I would stop everything you're doing, open services on one side of the screen then open this site (http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/) on the other side, and take his recommended settings before doing anything else then reboot. If things get 'wonky' again from making these changes, then I think Windows in itself maybe corrupt (which goes back to the system repair option to clear things up) or there has Malware (not a virus) messing in the background that MSE was trying (badly) to fight off and you just took away the protection. Run MalwareBytes on your computer and see if that detects anything (Malware is different then Viruses, and 'fake' things to socially engineer you to do things incorrectly and hijack your computer).