Question Critical process died bsod help

Feb 14, 2019
Been fighting with this error for a while tonight. Seemed to have fixed for a bit but just now I got it again and I have some unique issues that I can't find answers for.

I can boot to desktop but the whole system freezes immediately and I can't do anything from there. I have tried a clean boot from safe mode and that hasn't work and booting from a USB and opening the cmd an using the "sfc /scannow" says nothing is wrong. Also the one time I was able to get to cmd without booting from a USB the scan failed.

Context. Yesterday I got new RAM to upgrade. I didn't know they had specific slots they needed to be in so I threw them into the 3 and 4 slots. When I was told they needed to be in 2 and 4 I went to move one over. I unplugged everything and moved it over and when I booted after the swap is when this problem originally started. Going into bios and hitting f6 to revert to default optimized settings worked the first time for a few hours but now I'm back at square one.

Edit: I am able to boot into safe mode but can't use the start menu if that helps. The start menu is clickable but I can't type to search anything.

Specs:
Graphics: GTX 1080 Ti
Cpu: Intel i5-7500
Memory: Corsair Vengeance lpx 2x8gb 2400MHz
MB: MSI Z270

TRENDING THREADS