Critical process died

skd221

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016
I booted my PC up today and I got the error "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED", so now I'm constantly in a boot loop and have no idea what to do, I don't want to lose any data as it's not backed up and I just don't know what to do at all.

Max1s

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
So it boots into windows and gives you a pop-up window with the error, or it just boots into windows and then blue screens and restarts?

Don't worry, I think your data should be fine even if the OS/PC is having problems. If you have valuable data on that hard drive, go out and buy a cheap hard drive enclosure and attach your hard drive to another PC via USB and back up your stuff.

skd221

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016

It instantly boots right into the bsod and there's nothing I could do, I tried resetting windows but after a while it just said there was an issue and nothing I could do

skd221

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016

It instantly boots right into the bsod and there's nothing I could do, I tried resetting windows but after a while it just said there was an issue and nothing I could do

skd221

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016

It starts booting and immediately goes to that, windows doesn't even start. I tried going into advanced settings and resetting the PC but after a while it just says it was unable to reset the PC and no changes were made. It's really annoying and there's really nothing I can do

skd221

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016

It starts booting and immediately goes to that, windows doesn't even start. I tried going into advanced settings and resetting the PC but after a while it just says it was unable to reset the PC and no changes were made. It's really annoying and there's really nothing I can do

skd221

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016

I have but I've only found instances where people say that it happens while they're using their computer. It happens when I boot. I can't actually get into windows, it shows the splash screens and then it just says critical process died. I don't have any way to get the data off the drive, and about those replies, I was on mobile and I was spamming the button and it kept giving me errors but apparently it still posted.