[SOLVED] Critical Process Died

Dec 31, 2020
Hi, about two weeks ago I built a gaming pc, everything has been working completely fine with no errors at all. Today I was attempting to fit a older SSD into my pc but it wasn’t fitting easily so I just stopped because I couldn’t be bothered. I powered up my pc again and to the best of my knowledge the only hardware I may have messed with was slightly moving cables in the way. I ran into a blue screen about 5 minutes after I rebooted my pc,. There was no high temperatures or anything,. All my drivers are up to date and I’ve never had this error before. After this blue screen I powered up my PC and since then it has been running for a good 4/5 hours with no problems. Does this mean the likely chances are it was just a one off thing or should I still be worried?

Solution
did you unplug pc while making changes?

windows 10 isn't off when pc is shutdown, its in a low power state meaning its sleeping.
if you turn off fast startup, then its actually off. if you have an ssd, you don't need it on, it only really helps hdd - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

So its possible it was just a one off caused by the pc being disturbed while it was off.

in case it happens again,
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

• copy that file to documents...

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you unplug pc while making changes?

windows 10 isn't off when pc is shutdown, its in a low power state meaning its sleeping.
if you turn off fast startup, then its actually off. if you have an ssd, you don't need it on, it only really helps hdd - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

So its possible it was just a one off caused by the pc being disturbed while it was off.

in case it happens again,
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

• copy that file to documents
  • upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  • and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

try running this
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Reactions: Jakeridgeway31
Solution