Critical Process Dies - no boot

mirceadobre78

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
Hi,

I have an HP Model 23-n010la I5-4570T CPU 2.9 GHz (All in One PC with touch screen) that is giving me the Critical_Process_Dies error when booting. It just does not load the system at all. I try SafeMode, etc but nothing seems to work. The computer has Win 7 until months ago then upgrading to 10 it worked fine for 3 months. Now I am getting this error.
Any solutions?

Thanks,
Mircea

Colif

Win 11 Master
How did you get into safe mode? or weren't you able to? if you tried F8 its not going to work in win 10

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour

mirceadobre78

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I tried the Safe Mode from Troubleshooting menu in Win 10. After the error appear I am able to go to Diagnostic page, thru the Options entering the Command Promtt ot different booting options (Safe Mode, SafeMode with networking, etc). None of the work.
Also I tried the SFC /scannow mode from Command Prompt (same Diagnostic of the system, didn't try another Win 10 USB.

Thanks,

Colif

Win 11 Master
my other posts? eek, i wonder what i said :)

Curious what process died as then we can try to work out solution

try this
Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to a flash drive and upload it from flash drive to a cloud server and share the link here and someone will help you fix it :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
they the same menus. USB just easier to boot off. You might want to try running system restore, its in troubleshoot/advanced

its hard to tell without knowing what cause is. Do you get error as soon as you start PC or after the logon screen. I have this suspicion its the logon process itself at fault, and there really isn't an easy way to fix it - or should I say a painless way.

try using this to get any files you want to rescue: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

mirceadobre78

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
The system was fine (it's of a friend of mine) until yesterday. I install a program that came with a fitness machine that can be connected via USB to the computer. It worked fine until the night. In the morning he wake up, turn on the computer and the error came out. No fix so far, tryed many things, no luck so far.

I went to check for that file memory.dmp, I read it via TextEdit, this is the result I am getting. Not sure it's the correct one:

C:\Windows\aksdrvsetup.log
C:\Windows\bfsvc.exe
C:\Windows\comsetup.log
C:\Windows\CoreConnectedSingleLanguage.xml
C:\Windows\CoreSingleLanguage.xml
C:\Windows\csup.txt
C:\Windows\diagerr.xml
C:\Windows\diagwrn.xml
C:\Windows\DirectX.log
C:\Windows\DPINST.LOG
C:\Windows\DtcInstall.log
C:\Windows\explorer.exe
C:\Windows\HelpPane.exe
C:\Windows\hh.exe
C:\Windows\iis.log
C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Colif

Win 11 Master
The memory dump file can be massive, its the main reason I suggested the minidump but if its all we have to use, if its several gb its a bit big to upload and share a link to. I can't read them myself but this might help: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2082-windbg-install-configure.html But this is all pointless since you cannot boot PC...

try a system restore, if you lucky there is a recent date in it. Easier than a reset as you don't have to reinstall anything afterwards

mirceadobre78

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
I was chatting with a tech from Microsoft. Seems that I need to reinstall Win 10.
Will try other solutions before, keeping this as a last resort.
Thanks for help. Will apply your advices, also might arrive more comments from people with the same issues.

Thanks