Question CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION error

Hoggster99

Reputable
Mar 8, 2017
Hello, so i got this laptop in august 2018 and had no problems with it at all while gaming. But since a couple of months ago, i get random BSOD while gaming. This is particularly true for Overwatch/Apex Legends. This problem does not happen while playing League of legends or OSU. It happens about every 1-2 hours randomly.

The problem: My pc doesn't create a dump file when my pc crashes. Everything is setup right to create it, it just doesn't do it.

I got the location set as: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP and the type as: Full Memory dump (Have also tried changing this)

which should put it in the Minidump folder under Windows. I have tried changing this location, but it didn't help. There is no extra information when the BSOD occurs. I have tried several solutions such as: Re-installing hardware drivers, checking my C: and D: disks, and running sfc /scannow. Nothings helps. I'm sure all of my drivers are up to date.

Make and model: View: https://imgur.com/a/GJbkevI

SSD = 256GB
HDD = 1TB
Both have been scanned by a cleaner, there wasn't anything wrong with the disks.

I hope you can help me.

With kind regards

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model laptop? Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

You can look in Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer for more error codes and warnings that occur just before or at the time of the crashes.

How big is the HDD/SSD? How full is the drive? Has the drive ever been cleaned via a utility such as Cleaner?

And do indeed verify that all drivers are up to date. Check the applicable manufacturer's websites to be sure. Download, reinstall, and reconfigure the drivers as necessary.