CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, random bluescreen

Baktus

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
Hey, I woke up this morning and started my computer, only to find that I immideatly got a bluescreen saying CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I restarted the computer, and it seemed to run normally; it didn't immideatly bluescreen. But my mousecursor was nowhere to be seen.. I opened a notepad using the keyboard, and pressed the numberbuttons on the side of my mouse to check if the mouse worked at all, which it did.

Then I started looking for solutions on my phone, and tried multiple things with no luck:
-Ran "sfc.exe/scannow" in cmd (as admin). This didn't help, it said it found corrupted files but was unable to remvoe them.
-Ran "dism.exe/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth (with no luck yet again).
-I tried to disable my antivirus and restarting the computer; after reading that some antivirus programs have their own rootkits and so on. I had no luck with this either. So I tried to just run a virus scan of all my harddrives: it found nothing.
-So I went and checked all my units connected to the computer, after reading there may be driver issues. But I didn't see any yellow triangle icons, so I figured it was okay.
So I went on to restore the computer and remove all programs (keeping my files and such), I had no luck with this either.

Can anybody help me here?

Solution
to fix dism you need to download a copy of the windows ISO from here
mount the ISO (see http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3579-iso-img-file-mount-unmount-windows-10-a.html)
and then type
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

I would also use that file I linked to and make a Win 10 installation USB as they always handy to have. Just in case dism fails to fix problem.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did dism give any errors like "cannot find source files" as there is a solution to that

try running driver booster and see what new drivers it can find that windows has no clue about.

are you still getting error?
if so, download and run this: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it looks at error logs and creates a summary

copy/paste results in here and we see whats happening. Might even tell us driver name.

Baktus

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016

dism did give me that exact error. How can I fix that? Without having to install that program.
I did get my moues to work now though, so that is no longer an issue. But SFC.exe/scannow still tells me theres corrputed files it cant remove.

Colif

Win 11 Master
to fix dism you need to download a copy of the windows ISO from here
mount the ISO (see http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3579-iso-img-file-mount-unmount-windows-10-a.html)
and then type
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

I would also use that file I linked to and make a Win 10 installation USB as they always handy to have. Just in case dism fails to fix problem.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
DISM looks after the image reset would use to rebuild windows 10 if you installed again, so a broken image will only result in broken installs. The command I linked above allows DISM to repair the image and then after its done, you run SFC /scannow again and it will be able to fix the files it can't right now.

whocrashed is harmless, it just decyphers files I can't read without special programs , it makes them slightly easier to understand too