Question Critique My Build

Jul 17, 2019
Hello, just looking for any advice or potential bottlenecks within my system, as well as anything you may potentially dislike. I'd like to say I've built a pretty decent PC (I've been doing a lot of upgrades to my prebuilt I purchased long ago due to the fact I was afraid of building, but I am pretty confident in my capabilities now).

Here are my specs:
Processor: Intel i7-8700 k
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 ACE
Memory: 32 GB White Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (3200 Mhz)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 2TB (I have others but they're not anything worth mentioning).
Video Card: Gigabyte RTX 2080 OC
Case: NZXT H700i
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold

PCPARTPICKER LINK:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZtJ6TB

Wish I had some pictures, but I don't at the current moment. Cheers!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
What are you planning on doing with it exactly?
If it's gaming, 16GB of RAM will still be plenty.

Could save yourself a bit on PSU - 650W is all thats really needed, but 750W is safe with plenty of headroom (all great quality too):
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $99.99
10 year warranty

Power Supply:
SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($108.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $108.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
10 year warranty

Power Supply:
EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($113.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $113.89
7 year warranty

Power Supply:
Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $104.99
7 year warranty

Power Supply:
BitFenix - Whisper M 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $99.98
7 year warranty

You don't have to jump to water cooling if you don't want to per se, top quality air coolers can be just as effective or better. Such as the Noctua NH-D15.

yaxy123

Reputable
Aug 3, 2017
I'd suggest looking at Ryzen 3 as it is currently looking real good, compare prices with benchmarks that test things you will use and pick what is best.

As for the SSD I think 2TB is too much and it would be better to get like 500GB/1TB and a 2/4TB HDD since most games don't benefit from SSD and spending that on CPU or GPU gives more performance.

Jul 17, 2019
I'd suggest looking at Ryzen 3 as it is currently looking real good, compare prices with benchmarks that test things you will use and pick what is best.

As for the SSD I think 2TB is too much and it would be better to get like 500GB/1TB and a 2/4TB HDD since most games don't benefit from SSD and spending that on CPU or GPU gives more performance.

This is my existing build already, and I'm an Intel fanboy. Plus I've had this CPU for about a year. I agree I went overkill on the SSD, but the load times are faster on video games with an SSD. Thanks for your critique!

Jul 17, 2019
What are you planning on doing with it exactly?
If it's gaming, 16GB of RAM will still be plenty.

Could save yourself a bit on PSU - 650W is all thats really needed, but 750W is safe with plenty of headroom (all great quality too):

You don't have to jump to water cooling if you don't want to per se, top quality air coolers can be just as effective or better. Such as the Noctua NH-D15.

I plan on video editing, gaming, streaming, music production, pretty much a bit of everything. I plan on overclocking my CPU as well, and I like the aesthetic my Kraken x62. I probs did go a little above on the PSU in hindsight, but no harm, no foul. Thanks!