Critique this custom PC

Milly_Mike

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
Here is the custom build I have selected: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1JKQLA

Sure, I might play some games on this thing but this build is aimed at delivering fast video editing and motion graphics creation.

There are three component "musts":
1. i7 6900k
2. GTX 1080
3. 64GB RAM (quad channel, at least 2600 speed)

Those three dictate the rest of the components. For me, that's the hard part. Cases with solid side and front panels look great but do they cool well? Do I need push/pull fans? Am I picking the correct mobo?

Also, I like the idea of an M.2 SSD but not if the mobo doesnt support its speed benefit.

I built my last desktop, when my business was just starting and I had the time. Hence, why I am going online custom build route.

Solution
If you aren't averse to AMD, you can find Ryzen config on that site that will allow you to get to 8cores/16threads for much cheaper.

Don't know how to get link to specifics config, but you can find Ryzen here.

*Edit* Found it, so Here.

240mm custom loop cooling for CPU+GPU + NZXT Hue+ RGB set with three 120mm RGB fans for $3283 instead of $3595 for the Intel config.

Milly_Mike

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

Not a bad suggestion. I just wonder how long until these custom build sites start offering it.

What about the other components I selected?

FD2Raptor

Admirable
If you aren't averse to AMD, you can find Ryzen config on that site that will allow you to get to 8cores/16threads for much cheaper.

Don't know how to get link to specifics config, but you can find Ryzen here.

*Edit* Found it, so Here.

240mm custom loop cooling for CPU+GPU + NZXT Hue+ RGB set with three 120mm RGB fans for $3283 instead of $3595 for the Intel config.

Solution