Crom: A GPU/CPU Hybrid Platform for Visual Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

atminside

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
--Conan

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
More like R&H was trying to talk about it without disclosing proprietary information. I was hoping there would be a bit more to this when I attended, but it is what it is...
(and better to have audio you need to turn up, than noisy distorted audio...)

albert 89

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Sounds interesting, I think AMD's APU's should benefit the most [?]. I guess in a way its like hardware acceleration in the browser using the video card more rather than relying only on the CPU most of the time. We've seen the growth of software written to take advantage of multithreading as a way to share the work load across the cores. This is just another way to make use of hardware that otherwise would be sitting idle. Its advantage would mean less powerful hardware capable of doing triple the work load increasing battery life benefiting laptops & mobile phones. I'd love it to be retro compatible with systems older than 6yrs, why not !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS