[SOLVED] crosair mp500 is showing high temperature on pc ?

Mar 25, 2021
hi so i had this ssd for like 3 years i had no issues but recently i saw the temps are really high and my pc has decent cooling

it's a mp500 and it doesn't have a heat sink i tried as well touching it and i saw that most of the heat was on the end of the ssd not where it's plugged

3 intake fans and water cooler which takes air out and one exahust fan

theese are the current temps while idle doing nothing , and when there is like search n stuff i saw it jump to 68, 69 and onetime i tried doing a malwarebytes search while running fortnite and my fps dropped sm could it be that the ssd is overheating ?

NbGbYCK.png

Solution
It doesn't have a heatsink? It should - you need to get one.

Drive Temp 1 does look a bit toasty, but should still be in spec.
Drive Temp 2, which is the flash controller, runs hot by design... but what you're showing is darn high; the MP500 is a Gen 3 drive, and yours is displaying temperatures more commonly seen on the notoriously hot Gen 4s...
Checking my 970 Pro, DT1 is in the 30s, and DT2 in the 50s... the motherboard heatsink is on it, and the drive is below the gpu.

Where is the drive located? FYI, if there's a slot above the gpu, that's usually the worst place to install M.2 drives.

Looks like you need a heatsink, as well as take into account the location.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Drive Temp 2, which is the flash controller, runs hot by design... but what you're showing is darn high; the MP500 is a Gen 3 drive, and yours is displaying temperatures more commonly seen on the notoriously hot Gen 4s...
Checking my 970 Pro, DT1 is in the 30s, and DT2 in the 50s... the motherboard heatsink is on it, and the drive is below the gpu.

Where is the drive located? FYI, if there's a slot above the gpu, that's usually the worst place to install M.2 drives.

Solution
Mar 25, 2021

it's above my gpu yes but it does not have a heat sink no i did order the "adata XPG SX8200 Pro " which comes with a heatsink do you think that'll run better in terms on temps or no

and the issue is i think the write / read speeds are not that good either i will send a screenshot in a min
TopaR1E.png

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021
yes i seee that's the issue my ssd on write speeds is extremly slow might be a issue with the ssd or maybe the overheating or something only 200mb on seq when advertised speeds is around 2,400 MB/s which is weird so i am assuming my ssd is either faulty or i dk

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You posted a screenshot of the drive thermals while doing nothing. With the screenshots I posted of idling and load, I'm sure the MP500 is getting hotter than that; it's going to throttle back if it gets too hot.

There's also drive capacity, but it's a minor concern compared to thermals.

Reactions: Aysf212
Mar 25, 2021
You posted a screenshot of the drive thermals while doing nothing. With the screenshots I posted of idling and load, I'm sure the MP500 is getting hotter than that; it's going to throttle back if it gets too hot.

There's also drive capacity, but it's a minor concern compared to thermals.
new ssd arrived everything in terms of temps seems to be fine it's at 35 degrees idle which is expected i asssume my mp500 is faulty then or just old or something ty for the help