crossfire/cpu upgrade advice/suggestions needed

potatochips5

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
Hi :), i'm trying to figure out which computer parts i should upgrade too get the most performence out of my money, and i figured you guys might be able to help me out? :D

My current system :
Case : Iw-win MANA white (atx) medium
dvd writer :Asus dvd writer 241FST
Powersupply :Cooler master G650M
Motherboard:Gigabite 9070A-UD3 (rev 1.0)
Ram : Corsair vengance 4Gx2 DDR3 Dual (1600MHz, 9-9-9-24, 1.5V)
processor : AMD FX 6100.
Graphics card: AMD R9 270X
Hard Drive1 : SSD 120 Gig (sandisk "extreme" baught at a store a almost 2 years ago)
Hard Drive 2 : SSDHD 1 TB.

So i've been slowly building this computer over a year now, and right now its good for 1080P at medium/high settings for games.

So my current toughts is too Get a annother R9 270x and crossfire, but my current motherboard doesen't support it , so i was thinking of getting a new motherboard with the right tools, And with that a new CPU . eighter amd or intel. maybe upgrading the RAM aswell. so thats my plan.
Anyways.. what do you guys think would be the best to upgrade at this point? :) (at an reasonable price)
(using this computer for gaming only)
Really appirciate you're feedback on this!

cheers :)

-Thomas

athlonman00

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
The best upgrade for you, since it sounds like you want the system for gaming, is to upgrade the motherboard/processor. An Intel Core i5 processor is pretty much the sweet spot for gaming. The memory upgrade isn't really necessary for gaming, 8GB at 1600MHz is not bad at all for gaming. I would focus first on a motherboard and processor. The new Core i5 4690 processor sits around $240 and a motherboard can be gotten for around $160 (Thinking specifically of an MSI z97-Gaming 3 motherboard, I was just looking at one earlier today)

potatochips5

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
@Athlonman00, Hi, yes i've come to the same conclution aswell.. and i'm currently looking for a cpu and a motherboard, cheers for you're feedback!