Crossfire hd7950 gs600

coltons3390

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
I'm trying to crossfire my 2 HD7950. I have a gs600 psu. It only has 2 gpu plugs going to it and it requires both to even show me a display from the 1st gpu. With only one plugged in to the 1st gpu there is no display and a beep when I start the computer. However, the 2nd gpu fans still run when the 2 plugs are on the first gpu. I still cannot seem to get my computer to find the second gpu and the amd settings will not show the crossfire option to enable it. Do I need to get another psu that has more the 2 pci plugs in order to run power from the psu or is there a way around this? Cause if the fans are running it's obviously getting power from the motherboard.

Solution
Those adapters tend to melt and catch fire under load, sometimes they work so people go ahead an recommend them, sometimes they dont.
You should not be using any kind of adapter.

So in your case, your options are a new PSU, or a new GPU.
You need to fill all the plugs to get the cards to work, its not an option.
The fans spin because the motherboard provides 75w to the card, not enough to full power the card, but its enough to turn on the fans to keep you from killing the card by trying to do exactly this.

Its probably not even worth buying a new PSU over, a single modern card would be much simpler and a better investment.

coltons3390

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
I currently cannot afford a new graphics card. So I want to try the crossfire. Has anyone tried to molex to pci 6pin adaptors? Or the sata to pci 6pin adaptors? The 7950 has 2 pci plugs that are 6 pin. I've heard it's can provide enough power to run the card and I've heard I shouldn't do it that way. But I dont see how else to hook up 2 graphics cards with my setup.

Those adapters tend to melt and catch fire under load, sometimes they work so people go ahead an recommend them, sometimes they dont.
You should not be using any kind of adapter.

So in your case, your options are a new PSU, or a new GPU.

Solution