[SOLVED] Crossfire isn't working

Mar 29, 2020
So I just rebuilt my system, it had an older motherboard with a second gen i5, but was starting to show its age. I had it working with dual Sapphire Pulse RX580 cards set in crossfire. I just bought an MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, which according to its specs and documentation supports Crossfire.

However My system does detect both cards but does not enable the crossfire option. Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Things Ive already tried.
Updating the BIOS
Reinstalling the AMD Radeon software
Tried older versions of the Radeon software
Updating all drivers

Still nothing. It sees both GPUs, just it doesn't have an option to enable Crossfire.

Solution
Unfortunately, that is likely the problem:

PCI_E4 will run x2 speed when installing devices in PCI_E2/ PCI_E3 slot.
Ref: Pg 30 of the User's Manual

For Crossfire to work, the second slot needs to be at least x4 speed. Try removing the card to see if Crossfire is available

-Wolf sends

kanewolf

Titan
So I just rebuilt my system, it had an older motherboard with a second gen i5, but was starting to show its age. I had it working with dual Sapphire Pulse RX580 cards set in crossfire. I just bought an MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, which according to its specs and documentation supports Crossfire.

However My system does detect both cards but does not enable the crossfire option. Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Things Ive already tried.
Updating the BIOS
Reinstalling the AMD Radeon software
Tried older versions of the Radeon software
Updating all drivers

Still nothing. It sees both GPUs, just it doesn't have an option to enable Crossfire.
Did this build start with a clean OS install?