Crossfire performance issues

Ljubomir

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016
Hello i just bought a second r9 280x xfx for my gaming build and i upgraded my PSU to 1000w
fx 8350 4.2ghz
12gb ram
r9 280x sapphire vapor-x and xfx r9 280x both 3 gb
1000w psu lc1000w etc

so my problem is this i'm getting the same performance as my friend who has the same exact build but without the crossfire in a matter of difference of around 5-10 frames in mostly every game rocket league battlefield 3 battlefield 4 gta v pretty much in every game just a 5-10 difference? did i pay 300Euros for a second card to gain 5-10 fps? help me the bridge is connected and i tried disconnecting it no difference there

The drivers are fine they recognize the xfx and the sapphire in the same way r9 200 series no problem

but performance wise...no difference between a single and a crossfire configuration...please help me i did also enable and disabled it from the CCC and nothing worked restarting and stuff nope same performance the card is recognized in the msi afterburner and yes i have disabled the ULPS and still no performance gain please help

Solution
I'm not familiar with LC power supplies. I can't even find them on the PSU tier list.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

For gaming PCs, especially crossfire or SLI gaming PCs, you really want something from tier 1 or 2 on that list. Having a high quality 750-850W PSU would be much better for you than a low quality 1000W PSU.

Now, I'm not saying that your PSU is necessarily low quality. I'm just not familiar with it so I think that could be part of the problem.

king3pj

Distinguished
I'm not familiar with LC power supplies. I can't even find them on the PSU tier list.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

For gaming PCs, especially crossfire or SLI gaming PCs, you really want something from tier 1 or 2 on that list. Having a high quality 750-850W PSU would be much better for you than a low quality 1000W PSU.

Now, I'm not saying that your PSU is necessarily low quality. I'm just not familiar with it so I think that could be part of the problem.

Solution