crossfire possible with ga b250 ds3h?

Andreas_42

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
specs: i3 7350 4,2ghz | xfx rx 460 2gb | ga-b250-ds3h | 8gb ram now my question is can i crossfire it in any way because i know there is external components so i can have 2x16 pci slots, it only comes with one, and the mobo doesnt support crossfire but that doesnt answer my question if it is still possible to crossfire or if im going to need to buy a new mobo

Solution
Once Motherboard doesn't support Crossfire (because it has only 1 PCI-Ex16 slot) then it will not, because there is no purpose by making it support Crossfire

the said External Components main purpose is to change a crappy-gaming laptop into a deceng-graphics-for-gaming laptop

also, afaik, SLI or Crossfire requires direct PCI-E (simply, GPU slotted in Motherboard with bridge) to work

the only way for you to Crossfire is to buy a new Motherboard, that support Crossfire

gigantusmagnus

Reputable
Dec 22, 2017
Once Motherboard doesn't support Crossfire (because it has only 1 PCI-Ex16 slot) then it will not, because there is no purpose by making it support Crossfire

the said External Components main purpose is to change a crappy-gaming laptop into a deceng-graphics-for-gaming laptop

also, afaik, SLI or Crossfire requires direct PCI-E (simply, GPU slotted in Motherboard with bridge) to work

the only way for you to Crossfire is to buy a new Motherboard, that support Crossfire

Solution

Andreas_42

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017

okey thx just wanted to clarify that there is no other way than buying a mobo that supports crossfire, well i gotta stream or something cuz i need money for it