crossfire same fps as old damned graphics card

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Youssef59

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
I just bought a powercolor 2GB HDMI Ati Radeon HD 5450 and had before a built in darned video card that couldn't play the lowest games now My FPS on Crossfire NA was below 80 but no difference after buying the graphics card at All I installed the drivers

I have a doubt it's either my ram which is 1.5 GB or the whole motherboard or Computer since it's really old brand HP Compaq dc7600 Convertible Minitower
Please help I don't want my money to be in vein.

Solution

ryder57

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010

What I'm saying is , you seem to be having problems with your 5450 ,such as you mentioned above with what sounds like screen artifacting or tearing and the card is hot to the touch? That could be the reason your not seeing any performance in fps during the game.
1.5 gigs of ram is barely passible these days so bumping up to say 2-4 gigs surely can't hurt your computing experinceis , that was what I was trying to get at ,sorry for being long winded and unclear.

Solution

Youssef59

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013

Trust me you did fine and I thank you more than alot it's me who has that thing in understanding xDD everything has to be step-by-step to me :p

ryder57

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010

No problem me as well , just thought you might be interested in these specs from CF,
Recommened requirments for playing CF
CPU - Pentium 4 - 2 GHz
Ram memory - 1 Gigabyte
Video Card - GeForce 6600 or better
HDD - 1.7 gig avalible
System - Windows XP Windows VISTA Windows 7
Direct X - Version 9c or later
Internet conection - Cable / DSL or better

Youssef59

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013

Yup it's the graphics card -.- that one definately isn't enough for my pc or is incompatible somehow though it fits in

Omg I really don't know what to do

ryder57

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010

If I were you, I would post a question on the graphics card thread and see if anyone can help you with your graphics card problem.When you do ,you should give as many FACTS and SPECIFICATIONS as possible.
SUCH AS :
What kind of cpu
gpu
power supply
ram
model number of your computer etc.
I think that your problem in CF anyway is that your gpu (graphics card) isn't working properly,that could be because you have onboard graphics (on your motherboard) and their is some sort of conflict or your gpu isn't working properly.I don't have enough expertise in computers to help you with the gpu problem. The good news is your in the right place for the help u need ,just post a new question
in the gpu section , alright. Plus put more ram in your computer you will see a difference in gameplay.
Hope this helps you .
PS. sure would like to know what is wrong with your graphics card
keep me informed ,good luck man.

Youssef59

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013

Thanks a whole lot ^^ I will

Status
Not open for further replies.