Crossfire/SLI, second card not being fully used.

MT6Anime

Honorable
Jul 17, 2014
As the title says the second card isn't being used any where near the level of the first. I'm not sure if this is just how it is or if I have a setting wrong.
ShNd8Pv.png

I have Crossfire turned on in CCC I have very good performance on max settings at 5760x1080p but I really hate to see this much of a gap in performance, and heat, between the two cards.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Disable ULPS in afterburner.

Disable power savings in windows, first set power state to high performance

and under advanced settings disable link state power management.

MT6Anime

Honorable
Jul 17, 2014
This was across all games but the game being played during those screenshots was Batman: Arkham City. I had already disabled ULPS in afterburner when I got these cards but I hadn't done the windows power saver thing. Will post results in a little while. Thanks for the answers so far guys.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

batman is locked at 30fps

have you unlocked thru .ini?

MT6Anime

Honorable
Jul 17, 2014

I think you're thinking of Batman Arkham Knight. The new one.

MT6Anime

Honorable
Jul 17, 2014

Okay so I changed the power settings in Windows and I made sure the ULPS was still disabled but the usage of the GPUs remained the same. I tried this with Batman: Arkham City, (heavily) modded Skyrim, and poster child of SLI and crossfire Tomb Raider. Now just make it clear I am not getting horrible performance. I'm getting much more than 60FPS in all but Skyrim. But I want to
    Spread out the load between the the two cards more evenly so the heat will be more manageable.

Get better performance in Skyrim if this is a setting issue where I'm simply not using the full power of the card.http://

Here is a screen shot of my Afterburner settings maybe I have something set up wrong?

krells

Distinguished
How are you getting screen shots of afterburner while you are in game? If you are playing in windowed mode or alt tabbing out it crossfire won't work.

Skyrim is locked to 60fps. I think you can edit the ini file to change that.

MT6Anime

Honorable
Jul 17, 2014

I'm alt+tab-ing in Tomb Raider and Batman but not in Skyrim where when I alt-tab it just brings the window to the front. Also I'm getting all the way down to 20FPS in Skyrim. I mean yeah it has 100+ mods but two R9 290s should be able to handle it.