[SOLVED] Crossfire with AMD Radeon R9 200 series and ... ?

Jan 3, 2021
Does anyone know which GPU could I use for a crossfire? I just presume I could use another R9 200, but I can't find one anymore... Thanks a lot!
Processor: AMD-FX 8320
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P

Solution
R9 200 is just a series, with a bunch of GPUs. It's like buying a "2020 Honda Civic," there are a lot of flavors from the base model to the hot hatch version that costs nearly twice as much.

Crossfire/SLI are effectively dead for gaming, so don't try it for this reason (you'd have to buy something used, these have been out of production for a very long time).

As for your other needs, it really depends on what you're using whether a CPU upgrade or a GPU upgrade would be preferable. If this is professional work, a Radeon Pro or a Quadro would be more appropriate than a consumer GPU.
Jan 3, 2021
what GPU did you exactly have? but going with CF is more or less useless right now. AMD no longer supports crossfire in their driver for over a year now.
I have a Radeon R9 200 series, but I' don't know the exact model. I thought I could go with a crossfire, but if you think it's not the way, I'll just buy another GPU. Do you have any suggestion for a budget of 200$ - 250$? Thank you

DSzymborski

Titan
R9 200 is just a series, with a bunch of GPUs. It's like buying a "2020 Honda Civic," there are a lot of flavors from the base model to the hot hatch version that costs nearly twice as much.

Crossfire/SLI are effectively dead for gaming, so don't try it for this reason (you'd have to buy something used, these have been out of production for a very long time).

As for your other needs, it really depends on what you're using whether a CPU upgrade or a GPU upgrade would be preferable. If this is professional work, a Radeon Pro or a Quadro would be more appropriate than a consumer GPU.

Solution
I have a Radeon R9 200 series, but I' don't know the exact model. I thought I could go with a crossfire, but if you think it's not the way, I'll just buy another GPU. Do you have any suggestion for a budget of 200$ - 250$? Thank you

hard to recommend anything when GPU market is quite a mess right now. even used market seeing price increase which is insane. for sub $250 honestly i don't know what to recommend. 1660 super? on AMD side they got RX5500 for $200 or so. although i did not know how fast it is compared to your old one since you did not know what card did you actually have.