[SOLVED] Crossfire

OldSchoolGamer462

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Ok so, i have 2 gt 730 fermi ddr3 2gb versions on my mobo which supports crossfire (asrock b365m pro4f) and 1 of the cards doesnt overclock while the other does but if i use that gpu seperately it actually overclocks. The heck is happening?

OldSchoolGamer462

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Crossfire is for AMD GPUs. SLI for Nvidia. GT 730 does not support SLI.
oh my bad, its just i searched on google on websites and stuff and it said that you can work nvidia cards with crossfireif the mobo supports it, well other than that even if it doesnt work is there a way to overclock the second card and like get a tiny little boost or like the pc detects it and acts like it doesnt exist at all in terms of performance?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Even if you could get the two GT730s to work together, you won't see a massive game in performance. You are always better served by a single, faster GPU.

Many games/apps fail to perform better with SLI/CF.

What games/apps are you playing? Also, what are the specs for the rest of your system?

OldSchoolGamer462

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Even if you could get the two GT730s to work together, you won't see a massive game in performance. You are always better served by a single, faster GPU.

Many games/apps fail to perform better with SLI/CF.

What games/apps are you playing? Also, what are the specs for the rest of your system?
i have an asrock b365m pro4f with an i3 8100, 12gb ram, 500gb hdd, 120gb ssd and aqproc 500W psu. i play games like the forest bf4 cod mw1 remastered minecraft but with shaders, moto gp. Many games

OldSchoolGamer462

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
You should be able to sell to someone else. Or, keep as a spare.
well ill sell the older one but cheaper and it will be harder because its original fan stopped working and didnt work plus when it did it didnt spin well and it was for the trash so i got a fan from a psu connected the cables from fan to the gpu mobo and its a custom one which works quite well but still it look sketchy

OldSchoolGamer462

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Pick up a GTX 1050/1060/1650/1660/2050/2060 and see a massive leap in GPU performance. Way faster than two GT730s (if it was even possible) could conceivably be.
oh i know that, its just the economy on my country is trash and apart from that covid made things way worse and its very hard to afford a gpu while making barely 200 a month. Also now that regular gpu's like the rx 570, 580 cost more than 220, is it worth to buy an rx 560 2gb by red dragon with 70 euros?