Crossfire

luvkush

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Hmm i wonder if a MSI HD 4850 can crossfire with a HD 4850 iceq turbo?
or do they have to be both MSI HD 4850 or both HD 4850 iceq turbo? for them to crossfire?

they are both 4800 series but different in a way, so would they be able to crossfire or am i gettin happy for nothing =/

Any replies would help since if they work i would go buy them...

Yes u can, PLZ read the FAQ before posting:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/page-245454_33_300.html
What about brands ?
Well the brand doesnt matter , again for example , you can use a XFX card with a EVGA card , or a SAPPHIRE card with a DIAMOND card , just make sure they have the same memory and same clocks.

What will happend if 2 cards have the same amount of memory but one has higher clocks than the other?
One of the best ways to learn is to make examples.
You have a 8800GT(Normal edition,no OverClocks) and you want to add another 8800GT(Which is OverClocked),then:

1_The OverClocked one will lower its clocks to reach the Non-OverClocked card.

2_You can OverClock your card(The one that has Stock frequencies) and reach the OverClocked card.
Remember, you cant ALWAYS OverClock the normal card to reach the other card,because it may not OverClock that much and may become unstable.

Yeah they will work as long as they are both 4850's. I believe if one is clocked lower it will set both to that speed. That is how SLI works, I think CF to. You can always OC it though.