Question Crosshair VIII Hero won't CPU status LED red even after BIOS flashback

Dec 16, 2020
Hello,

I'm having getting my new PC to POST. Here are the parts:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200 Mhz
PSU: Fractal Design Ion+ 660P 80 PLUS Platinum Certified 660W
GPU: AMD RX 6800

I have the PSU 24-pin connector connected, along with the 8-pin CPU connector connected to the motherboard. I also have the CPU installed. The CPU status LED is always red, and I cannot get it to go away. I did try to see if I can get to the BIOS anyways by inserting my GPU and RAM, but I am not able to get to BIOS nor does Q code error show, so I figured from here that the cpu status is the culprit.

I reseated my CPU, and updated to the latest BIOS for the motherboard using BIOS flashback which finished successfully, but no change. I've also tried using only a 4-pin for the CPU, but that turns on another red status LED near the connector. Since nothing is connected, I'm not really sure where to go from here. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello,

I'm having getting my new PC to POST. Here are the parts:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200 Mhz
PSU: Fractal Design Ion+ 660P 80 PLUS Platinum Certified 660W
GPU: AMD RX 6800

I have the PSU 24-pin connector connected, along with the 8-pin CPU connector connected to the motherboard. I also have the CPU installed. The CPU status LED is always red, and I cannot get it to go away. I did try to see if I can get to the BIOS anyways by inserting my GPU and RAM, but I am not able to get to BIOS nor does Q code error show, so I figured from here that the cpu status is the culprit.

I reseated my CPU, and updated to the latest BIOS for the motherboard using BIOS flashback which finished successfully, but no change. I've also tried using only a 4-pin for the CPU, but that turns on another red status LED near the connector. Since nothing is connected, I'm not really sure where to go from here. Has anyone else experienced this?
I think you need to use the bios flashback function on the motherboard to flash the latest bios to support your CPU because the board was released before the Ryzen 5xxx CPUs