Jun 5, 2018
So my first build ( I know I know) with the following components;

Asus ROG crosshair VI hero (wifi ac)
Corsair lpx vengeance 2x 8gb ddr4
Gigabyte radeon rx 64 vega
Ryzen 7 1800x cpu
Samsung 850 evo 256 ssd
Evga 850w titanium 2 PSU

No os yet as i cant get past post, im usually a quick learner on the tech front and can manage to get all parts including cpu leds, case fans, and gpus to glow/whir etc.

The problem i have is the code "46" on the mobo led which was not seen anywhere in the manual, after further research i discovered a few solutions online from asus themselves as well as others.

None worked.

So far ive tried;
Using 1 stick of ram in all slots (code 46 still)
Updating bios firmware via usb and buttons (still 46 dont think it uldates either)
Taking out the mobo battery and discharging it whilst disconnected via the power buttons (stilll 46)
Resetting bios and cmos numerous times (46)
Taking every single thing apart and remounting it all (5 or so times)((46))

I am at my wits end, i know i may be new to this whole thing but with the age of tutorials and tech info im positve im doing it right, but would absolutely love to learn the error of my ways if that is the case!

Please advise, wisened techies.

Solution
Ive solved it and im not to proud to admit my extremely noobish and foolish error.

Ladies and gentleman, the whole time, out of my fear as a first time builder trieing to build a pc and in peril of breaking the motherboard, I did infact....

*drumroll*

Not, I repeat NOT, place the ddr4 ram into the dimm slots hard enough at anytime.

And with that begins my foray into the pc world! Thanks to all those that offered assistance, i hope this helps anyone else in the future with q code error 46.

May someone quote me so i can select this as solved for the community!
Jun 5, 2018
Sorry for double posting, how would i go about reflashing? If it is downloading a .cap file from the bios page and renaming it to match the crosshair vi wifi boards code, putting it on a fat32 usb stick, inserting into the bios usb slot and pressing bios flash for 3 seconds then im afraid i have done that, is there another way? Im a quick study.

Jun 5, 2018
I have tried testing each slot seperately as i stated in original post, every single component is new and undamaged too.

Asus has no customer service outside of slow emails too, what is rma and how would i do that? I can look it up.

I apologise for noobness but the net shows very little of this 46 error code solutions.

Jun 5, 2018
Im gonna go with motherboard, my report is all parts are in excellent visual condition with no breaks burns melts scratches or damage, doing a true final reassemble with a full cmos battery removal and reset.

Will report back promptly.

Jun 5, 2018
So my final solution seems to be returning the board, after dissasembling everything and even trying without the gpu (which was my only video source but i thought id try anyway) all roads lead back to the dreaded error code 46.

I may return to this topic once i have in my possession a new motherboard.

Jun 5, 2018
Ive solved it and im not to proud to admit my extremely noobish and foolish error.

Ladies and gentleman, the whole time, out of my fear as a first time builder trieing to build a pc and in peril of breaking the motherboard, I did infact....

*drumroll*

Not, I repeat NOT, place the ddr4 ram into the dimm slots hard enough at anytime.

And with that begins my foray into the pc world! Thanks to all those that offered assistance, i hope this helps anyone else in the future with q code error 46.

May someone quote me so i can select this as solved for the community!

Solution
Jan 22, 2019
Lmao i had the exact same problem and fixed it the exact same way,........ and ive built loafs of computers doh!

It wasnt gskill trident z memory by any chance was it?