Crossing Platforms In The Arizona Desert: 'Arizona Sunshine' Cross-Platform Co-Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
It's not really cross-platform gaming, and shouldn't be news. The Rift and the Vive operate on the same platform, and just use different displays. It's like being able to play a PC game on your Viewsonic monitor with someone who has Dell monitor. It's just expected. It should be news when a multiplayer game is segregated by display device.

>The host creates a match. Subsequent players must select Direct IP and enter the IP address of the host computer.

That sounds like total incompetence. You should be able to pick from your friends list with the software finding the correct IP, just like with any PC game.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

It is a great game, but I have seen some troubled people who are unable to get past the i7 thing. Once an entitled blockhead throws a tantrum, it's hard to talk them down so they can function again.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

The Oculus software platform is not compatible with Steam's software platform. It has nothing to do with the hardware.

If both players are on Steam, or both players on Oculus, the friends list idea works.
The direct IP connection allows for connection between the two software platforms. A couple other games have cross platform play, such as Eve Valkyrie, Eagle Flight, and Warewolves Within. Most games do not work between the two.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
another zombie game, this time VR ! well ok i'll pass since you know once you play one zombie game you don't really need to play another one,
lucky for me the zombie game was "the last of us" so that was awesome :)

It's a very different experience in VR.

Status
Not open for further replies.